Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #1
Patrice

Can't draw from fresh water tank

Got a 2011 410LEV last year and have yet to use it much. Can't seem to be able to draw fresh water from the tank and pump won't stop running... Changed the pump, thinking it was the diaphragm, no luck. Plumbing works fine on city water and when I winterized last year, I was able to draw antifreeze with the pump and it would stop once pressurized...No evidence of leak either.
Going back to the camper next week to explore this some more. One possibility is faulty winterizing valve. Unit has winter package and is pretty near impossible to investigate from under the camper...
Any thoughts/suggestions?
Patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:40 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Did you close the winterize valve? Speaking of that, is it a valve attached at the water pump or one in your convenience center? Do you maybe have a backflow valve installed backwards in the line?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:00 AM   #3
JimMach1

Waterpump

Mine don’t have a switch or valve for winterizing not sure about yours either but sounds like pump may have lost prime or even failed may try taking off line to the water pipes and see if water comes out then at the pump. I had our last one not a keystone the line was basically a hose kinked and that was the issue.
JimMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
Patrice

Thanks Jim.

The pump seems fine as it worked properly for winterizing...
Old 08-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #5
Patrice

This valve is located in the convenience center and am wondering whether it is defective since it worked for winterizing. I will attach a jug of water to it while turned off and see if anything happens when I get to the camper next week...
Old 08-08-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
Danno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
This valve is located in the convenience center and am wondering whether it is defective since it worked for winterizing. I will attach a jug of water to it while turned off and see if anything happens when I get to the camper next week...
I found a small, very small crack in the clear filter attached to the pump on my 361LEV last year, took for ever to find the problem.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:43 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

If a pump won't prime, usually it's caused by a small air leak in the supply plumbing. It may be from a leaking O-ring in a valve, from a valve not completely closing, from a loose fitting/connection or from a cracked component (freeze damage is usually the cause). If it is a Flo-Jet pump, check the O-ring on the strainer lid and check to be sure the clear lid is not cracked from water left in it over the winter.

There is a "slip lock" fastener on the strainer/pump fitting with an O-ring on it. If the O-ring is damaged, not lubricated (slipped out of place) or if the slip lock is not fully seated, that fitting will leak.

I've found that most "pump won't prime" issues are easy to fix, usually are "self inflicted" and happen on the first pump use after de-winterizing. Even though they are easy to fix, sometimes they are a "bear" to find.... Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:24 AM   #8
Patrice

Update - Tested the winterizing valve yesterday and determined it is working properly. I then disconnected the pipe going to the fresh water tank and drew water from a bucket... Was able to confirm the problem is further down as the pump pressurized. Problem is definitely between the pipe and the connection to the fresh water tank.
With the winterizing package, it's pretty impossible to see anything. Will use a scope and camera to try and see what the problem might be prior to opening anything...
Any suggestion welcome, keep you posted.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #9
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I'm betting on a kinked line.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:23 PM   #10
Patrice

Problem solved.

Followed the line from the convenience center and found out it was not connected to the fresh water tank. Was able to locate the line and all worked! Evidently, this occurred at the manufacturing stage. Kuddos to my brother-in-law for finding the problem.

Tags
fresh water tank, tank, water