Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2015, 08:54 AM   #21
cruisegrandma

I like writing that retired word under occupation also. I've only been able to do it twice so far... Once when purchasing our TV and once when signing for our TT. It's a great feeling. As for staying on the job, I made pretty good money, but I think they could have doubled it and I wouldn't have stayed. Fortunately, camping is returning some of my positive attributes that were lost in that last year, like patience and friendliness. CAMPING AND FELLOW CAMPERS ROCK!!!
Passport 23RB
No longer virgin trailer and truck owners... BUT LOOK OUT ANYWAYS!!!
Harleysville, PA
cruisegrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:04 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisegrandma View Post
I like writing that retired word under occupation also. I've only been able to do it twice so far... Once when purchasing our TV and once when signing for our TT. It's a great feeling. As for staying on the job, I made pretty good money, but I think they could have doubled it and I wouldn't have stayed. Fortunately, camping is returning some of my positive attributes that were lost in that last year, like patience and friendliness. CAMPING AND FELLOW CAMPERS ROCK!!!
I agree !!! For someone who hasn't yet "had the experience" it's hard to explain, but for me, and I think for most people, when the "time is right" you simply know it and the decision is easy to "just walk away"... There's always those "daunting fears" of will I be OK financially, is this "REALLY" the right time? What "IF, (fill in the blank), but overall, when it's time, it's time.....

And, like you, it's great to wake up, get a cup of coffee, sit down with the newspaper and spend those "extra moments" working the crossword puzzle, not warming the truck for that "morning commute".....

A bad day camping (or fishing, or golfing) is better than a "good day at work"...............

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:54 PM   #23
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Any offer is refusable when it comes to retiring I walked out the door with a promotion in hand. If I would have agreed to stay 3 more years I would have been making an extra $10k per year while working as well as an extra $1k per month in my retirement income. I saw my mom continue to push her retirement off based on more money, more money, more money. Finally she retired and is enjoying life as much as she can after 2 knee replacement surgeries. I'm 45, retired and loving it. It's also kind of cool when you fill some paperwork out that asks for occupation and you write retired
X2 on that. I stayed until I had my performance review and annual bonus (that counts toward my salary for pension amount).
Out the door at 58.5.
I sorta trained my successor. Then did an email dump to my Engineer.
Then on the whiteboard in my cube, I wrote a blank check to my successor:
Pay to the order of: Robert xxxxxx
Amount: "Blame everything wrong on Brent"
Date: "Forever"

I visited last year and it was still on the whiteboard.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:16 PM   #24
cjelliott81

Just checked, only 10,209 more days to go until retirement.
cjelliott81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:45 PM   #25
bobbecky

I've been retired since the end of July 2011. My first wife passed away in January of that year, a couple months later sat down with a financial advisor who said my retirement income, once Social Security kicked in would be more than I was making at that time. The next day at work, told the boss the first of August I was gone. Got married again about two years later, and one week after getting married, the house was sold, and we were fulltiming, and that was over three years ago. Besides writing retired under occupation, it's even more fun to show a picture on the phone of our rig and say we full time RV.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:24 AM   #26
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjelliott81 View Post
Just checked, only 10,209 more days to go until retirement.
I have a count-down event in my calendar and it lets me know how many, bi-weekly, paydays I have left (94, after this Friday, unless someone really pisses me off).

But... who's counting

-Brian
Old 11-17-2015, 04:45 PM   #27
Tbos

About 110 bi-weekly pay days for me.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:33 PM   #28
cruisegrandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
I've been retired since the end of July 2011. My first wife passed away in January of that year, a couple months later sat down with a financial advisor who said my retirement income, once Social Security kicked in would be more than I was making at that time. The next day at work, told the boss the first of August I was gone. Got married again about two years later, and one week after getting married, the house was sold, and we were fulltiming, and that was over three years ago. Besides writing retired under occupation, it's even more fun to show a picture on the phone of our rig and say we full time RV.
Gotta love those financial advisors. We have the same amount coming in now as we did before we retired. Woo hoo!!! What's not to love about that. Seriously, if you don't have one, I would seriously consider getting one. They make life sooooo much easier. Oh yea, get the kind that makes money when you make money, not the ones that collect their fee up front every year. No incentive. They make money no matter what. Ours charges a fee for the initial plan and then makes money when we do thereafter. Great incentive. And it is because of our financial adviser that we had what it took to purchase our new TT and new TV in August. If anyone is from the Philly area and is interested, send me a PM and I'll give you our guys info. This is not an advertisement, just a genuine appreciation for the pleasant place I am in at this stage of my life thanks to him.
Passport 23RB
No longer virgin trailer and truck owners... BUT LOOK OUT ANYWAYS!!!
Harleysville, PA
cruisegrandma is offline   Reply With Quote