Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Lidmh

Laredo 303TG

People that have this model. Does your 303TG have an exit for the exhaust fan above the stove. It appears my exhaust fan above the stove is just a fan. It does not take the steam or heat and put it outside the camper. Should I have an exit for this steam? I'm guessing this is one of the reasons my lp and smoke alarms won't stop going off.
Lidmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Many of the later models do not have a direct vent to the outside for the stove fan. Instead, it appears that the fan "picks up" the smoke, fumes, etc., and simply recirculates this stuff without venting it directly to the outside. Some members have said that all it does is "blow it back in your face again".
I cannot recall what is the name of this "new" circulating system (perhaps "self-venting"???) nor what people who have experienced a similar problem to yours have done about it.
May I suggest doing a search of the forum (type in stove fan/exhaust fan or something like that) and see what others have had to say about this issue.
I do not believe it is an issue that has arisen with just the 303TG.
If you look outside and do not see an exterior vent on the side wall with a "flap" over it, then I would guess that you do not have the "old" but more effecient direct stove vent.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
hankaye

Lidmh, Howdy;

To add to what Festus2 said.

If you find that you DO have an exterior vent SOME not all have some small plastic tabs that twist across the edges. As I was told "to keep it from flapping". Should you discover a vent check to ensure that the tabs aren't holding it closedwhen you want to cook.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
Lidmh

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, no vent. Wow, silly if you ask me. So whenever I cook something I'm going to have to remove the batteries in the smoke detectors. That or maybe kick the air conditioning on high while I run the stove!
Lidmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
therink

I don't have a vent either. I just assumed it did as in my last 3 rvs. While on my maiden trip, I spent almost an hour trying to figure out how it vented to find out it didn't. I was dumbfounded. I haven't used the inside stove since. I am not sure what keystone was thinking; oh yeah, they saved $50. Other than that, I love my rig.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote