Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #21
Harried Harry

Cool Craaaacked!

When I got on the ladder to look at it, it had a space about 1/8" wide just below the join on the roof. The left side had moved and all the edge sealant (silicone) was shifted away from the edge trim. I think something might have hit it (bird?) or it was an Act of God. After all, it is now Paid For!
If I can figure out how to upload pictures, I'll do that tomorrow. I know I now need to add about 10 feet to the length of my porch so snow won't fall on the trailer roof. The porch is only 30" long; only the cap of the trailer is exposed.

Harried Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #22
Maxzd

Yes, new graphics are much improved looks more modern. The new cap on our unit looks really good. It was a surprise when it showed up ordered in august and arrived late October. The dealer still has same model old front for my 325srx model. I don't see a major difference on the cap other than color. The led lights are awesome, backing up at night very nice light easy to see.

When the weather gets better I am going to spend some time applying gelcoat to ensure it says looking good.

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #23
msp2jxr

New 326MKS

Hi Grant and Melisa,

We too just purchased a 326. It will have the grey cap and graphics. We can't wait for it to arrive! Thanks for sharing your pictures, they are getting us excited for ours to come in.
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #24
Houndie Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp2jxr View Post
Hi Grant and Melisa,

We too just purchased a 326. It will have the grey cap and graphics. We can't wait for it to arrive! Thanks for sharing your pictures, they are getting us excited for ours to come in.
Awesome ...... I know you will enjoy it. The kitchen is what sold us and we really are happy with it. ENJOY !
Hensly TS3 trailer-saver hitch
KVH TracVision R4SL
3 Basset Hounds "Lucy, Ethel, & Fred"
https://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...vado/coach.jpg
Houndie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #25
VA_Ray

Hello, I am new to the forum here. I have a question on these new front covers. I noticed a few weeks ago on my mother's camper (2003 Cougar 276EFS) that there was a leak in the bedroom. The wall paper felt damp in the corner and part of the wall feels soft. The camper has been sitting for the better part of 2 years since my father was sick and passed. We thought the roof was leaking, so we are taking it in for service. Then just the other day, I was there and saw a huge (probably 18 or 20 inch) gash in the front cover. I assume that is the leak. I was searching on line to see if others had this issue, and I ended up here. It goes in for service next week, but is this a manufacturing defect that is known on these campers? The question now is does she pay to have it fixed or just try and sell it as is.
VA_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #26
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_Ray View Post
Hello, I am new to the forum here. I have a question on these new front covers. I noticed a few weeks ago on my mother's camper (2003 Cougar 276EFS) that there was a leak in the bedroom. The wall paper felt damp in the corner and part of the wall feels soft. The camper has been sitting for the better part of 2 years since my father was sick and passed. We thought the roof was leaking, so we are taking it in for service. Then just the other day, I was there and saw a huge (probably 18 or 20 inch) gash in the front cover. I assume that is the leak. I was searching on line to see if others had this issue, and I ended up here. It goes in for service next week, but is this a manufacturing defect that is known on these campers? The question now is does she pay to have it fixed or just try and sell it as is.
VA RAY, Welcome to the forum. There have been some folks who have had cracks in the fiberglass nose of their fifthwheels but I wouldn't say it is common. The resale value of the trailer will be much higher and it will sell quicker if it is repaired properly. You will have trouble selling it "Duct-taped and moldy" unless very cheap.
If the crack is as large as you say the water damage could be extensive. I would try to get the dealer to give you an estimate and then decide. Even repaired it may take a while to sell so you will have more invested.
Hard choice .... cut and run or invest and wait. Good luck, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote