Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
lifecamper

Lewisville TX ?

I'm looking for a nice RV Park near Lewisville TX. Anybody know of one?
lifecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

My son recently moved to Lewisville and I went down to visit him a few weeks ago. While there I looked into an RV park right on lake Lewisville that looked pretty nice. It's Lewisville Lake Park. The park manager was very nice. Lots of trees but some sites don't have any. It has wifi but I'm not sure how good it is. It has 50amp service and water but you have to use the dump station. Greatest by far is the price....$9 if you are a senior. $18 if not. They may have monthly rates but I don't know.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #3
geo

Sourdough is correct. The Lake Lewisville Park is nice, but it does not have full hook-ups. My DW and I are full-timers at Destiny RV Park immediately north of Lewisville in Corinth, TX. (see www.campgroundreviews.com) That is, until the end of December when I retire, and we start traveling.

The biggest problem you will probably face is the I-35E construction. If I can assume that you are traveling across I-40, US 287, and US 380, please let me give you some information about the roads.

There is construction on US 380 for about 10 miles west of I-35E to I-35E. It is not that bad if you just take your time. Once southbound on I-35E, you will probably forget about 380. Basically, I-35E is under construction from Loop 12 in Dallas to US 380 in Denton - some 32 miles. After the southbound turn and merge on I-35E, there will be barrier walls on each side and several bridges which have slight jogs to approach with narrow lanes. I would suggest caution, reduced speed, stay alert and in the right lane, and try to coordinate such that there is not a truck or RV next to you while approaching a bridge. This also applies to Lake Lewisville bridge.

If you are interested in Destiny RV Park, as you travel southbound, take the Corinth Parkway Exit immediately after the Nissan dealership on the right. Proceed straight through the light and follow the frontage road. A little less than a mile, there will be a "suicide exit" from I-35E coming onto the frontage road. Be aware that both lanes MUST yield! Approach this exit with caution and observation. Immediately after this exit on the right is the turn in to Destiny RV Park. Note, TXDOT has closed the next exit south of Destiny, Swisher Road, so the "suicide exit" is now servicing two exits worth of traffic. (http://destinyrv.com/dallasrvresort/)

If you choose Lake Lewisville Park, proceed south across the lake. After you go under a high bridge (Garden Ridge Road), the FM 407 exit will be on your right. This is a temporary construction exit. Take that exit and proceed carefully as you will be on a temporary road to FM 407. At the light at FM 407, turn left and go across an old bridge that needed to be replaced 30 years ago when we moved here. Be aware that on the east side of that bridge, there is a right curve that has take the side out of many truck trailers and RVs, so try to take that curve as wide as possible. At the light (facing the BBQ place), turn a wide left to proceed east on Park Lane. Across the rail tracks, straight through the stop sign, and as you approach the lake, the park is on the left down Kingfisher Drive. (http://visitlewisville.com/index.aspx?page=982)

I cannot recommend Tower Bay Park on Lake Lewisville or Sandy Lake RV Park in Carrollton.

Regards,
Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote