Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #1
buckeyebobhockingcamper

everglades

hello,im headed to the keys in january and would like to stop in the glades for several days.I would appreciate any advice on campgrounds,routes around Miami.etc.I will be coming down 95.37 foot montana,so i need a large easy to maneauver site. thank you Buckeyebob!Also would we see more gators etc.in january,or april on our way home?
buckeyebobhockingcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:34 AM   #2
steve eboe

to see gators

We did this trip (from Wisconsin) twice in the past several years.
There are several nice campgrounds right in the Everglades that always seem to have openings....BUT if you really want to experience alligators, I suggest you stop at the Okefenoke Swamp in Georgia on your way down (just east of I-75 near Valdosta, Ga.). Stay at the Stephen C. Foster State Park in Georgia (near Fargo, Ga., at the end of Highway 177), rent a kayak and paddle out into the swamp. In two hours, you'll see dozens (probably hundreds!) of gators. We did this trip in February, and the gators are very lazy then, just sunning themselves along the shore. We saw hundreds of them (very close but not threatening). It was one of best experiences we ever had while on a camping trip and was certainly the highlight of that trip!

steve eboe
steve eboe is offline   Reply With Quote