Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #21
BirchyBoy

I got a call from my wife's aunt's boss who has a storage yard. She rents spots to people if they're "somebody she knows". After a few calls back and forth, I've rented a spot from her and it will be ready this weekend. I like this better than others I called because she lives on-site but it also has secured access via code as well.

Since the storage is set, I've setup an appointment in the morning to have my brake controller finalized and then I'm going to tow it home for the weekend, and then drop it at the storage place until our first trip.

Super excited!
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:08 AM   #22
BirchyBoy

Went an picked up the camper last Friday. My TV ('99 Yukon) did pretty well, but I'm glad that I targeted a lightweight trailer and not something that approached the full rating. I need to upgrade my tranny cooler before I head out on any long trips in warmer weather.

I parked it at the house and checked the battery meter and it only showed 1 bar. The dealer said it was fully charged, so I looked around and the radio was in standby mode (faint light, showing the time) and the antenna amp was turned on. I guess I'm not surprised it had sapped a lot of power in the past 2 or 3 weeks. I removed the battery and am charging it now. I'll definitely be installing a disconnect for storage before I re-install the battery.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote