Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2018, 06:16 PM   #1
HBuff

Slideout will not move

I have 2017 Passport 2400BHWE. I had the camper out a couple weeks ago and everything worked fine. Now the slide will not go out. I checked the batteries and they are fully charged. When I push the button there is nothing. No noise or anything. It does not appear anything in the camper is working. Is there a fuse or breaker from the batteries that could have flipped? Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Henry
HBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Sorry it has to be under these circumstances. If nothing 12V works then you need to start at the batteries. Follow the BLACK (positive) lead, from the battery and you might find an in-line fuse or circuit breaker.

Did you take a battery out or add a battery?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:12 AM   #3
14george

X 2 what chuckster said also check battery disconnect switch welcome to the fourm
Old 05-08-2018, 04:40 AM   #4
kksfish

Also might pull the “switch” out and check for 12V at that point......then continue
Old 05-08-2018, 04:48 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

What chuckster57 said, also the converter should have a main 12V fuse in it, typically a 30 amp. Did you by any chance disconnect and the reconnect the battery from the time it worked untill the time it didn't?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:49 AM   #6
HBuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14george View Post
X 2 what chuckster said also check battery disconnect switch welcome to the fourm
Thank you for the response, but I am a ROOKIE what and where is the battery disconnect switch?

Henry
Old 05-08-2018, 05:50 AM   #7
HBuff

I did not remove the battery, what is the converter and where do I find it? Sorry again for my ignorance.

Henry
Old 05-08-2018, 05:51 AM   #8
HBuff

Sorry I am not sure what you mean. What switch am I pulling out?

Henry
Old 05-08-2018, 06:26 AM   #9
bill-e

Henry, did you mess with anything between the working camping trip and now, if not then you're battery disconnect switch, if you even have one, is likely not the issue.

So, as Chuckster says, follow that black wire a few feet and you will probably find it connected to a box of some sort, under the weatherproofing is a fuse or breaker.

Do you know if you even have AC power say to your microwave or is all power, both AC and DC not working?

If either the main breaker or the Rec/Conv breaker is thrown you wont have any 12v for the slides. I do not know where the converter is located on your trailer, mine is in the entertainment center, I've seen other under the fridge.

2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
2015 Cougar 26RBI
bill-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #10
TXignoramus

Slide out not working- 2018 Keystone Bullet Colt

2018 Keystone - Bullet Colt
Floorplan: 172RBCT

Hi all!

I’m a First time RV owner. My battery is charged & RV is plugged in too. I can hear the slideout motor engage but it seems like only one side is moving & then it stops. I’ve checked for obstructions & don’t see anything obvious.

I’m not sure what type of system I have or where the slideout motor & mechanisms are even located.

Has anyone had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
TXignoramus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXignoramus View Post
2018 Keystone - Bullet Colt
Floorplan: 172RBCT

Hi all!

I’m a First time RV owner. My battery is charged & RV is plugged in too. I can hear the slideout motor engage but it seems like only one side is moving & then it stops. I’ve checked for obstructions & don’t see anything obvious.

I’m not sure what type of system I have or where the slideout motor & mechanisms are even located.

Has anyone had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Are there small steel cables running horizontally on the ends of the slide (2)? If so, it is a cable slide. Is there a bar under the slide with big teeth? Maybe some serrated looking steel bars running horizontally along the sides of the slide? What have you got? They all operate a little differently. If there are cables the motor is probably going to be above the slide. Look to see if there are pulleys, cables etc. and possibly one has come off??
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout