Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2023, 09:27 AM   #1
RVinmedicallake

How to access water pump?

I have a 2014 Hideout 23RBWE TT and after refreshing the water tank in spring prep, the water pump keeps running. Water comes out of faucets, no leaks anywhere, but won't shut off. Worked fine initially when clearing out bleach solution, but then started acting up. The pump is located under the carpet covered bedside step, and I found 2 screws so far, but the cover won't budge. Anyone have some ideas? Dealer replaced pump 2 years ago. Thx!!
RVinmedicallake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:29 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

If you know the panel you’re working on is the right one, then there must be 2 more screws. Use a magnet to locate them.

Have you bled EVERY faucet including outside shower?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 10:15 AM   #3
dutchmensport

Is your water heater filled completely? It might still be trying to fill and the system just hasn't pressurized yet.

Sometimes, getting the water pump to pressurize can be a problem. There are a couple ways to go about doing it.

First, make sure you have water in the fresh water tank. If it's low on water, the pump will run forever and never shut off.

The first is to turn the water pump on first and let it run for a couple seconds and then turn on one of the faucets. It will start spitting air. Turn it off again and wait for the pump to pressurize. Once it pressurizes then turn the faucet back on and let the air bleed on out.

The other method is to turn the faucet on first, and then turn the water pump on. Sometimes, this works. Sometimes this does not work either.

Make sure all faucets are off. Make sure water is filled in the water heater.

Another method you might try is to attach the garden hose (shore water) and turn all the faucets on. Bleed all air out of the lines with water from shore water, keeping the water pump turned off. When water flows with no spitting air and with water in the fresh water tank, now turn the shore water spigot off and turn on the water pump. The lines are already pressurized and the pump will run as normal.

If these 3 different techniques don't work, then something is amiss with the water pump. It's sucking air from somewhere.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:11 AM   #4
RVinmedicallake

Smile

Chuckster57: because the carpeting was in the way, the magnet didn't work as well; I did find one more but that last one.... I just tore the cover off and will fix it when I put it back!

Dutchmensport: running water through city outlet seemed to do the trick, just had to be patient and let it run for awhile. When I tried using the pump again, it soon starting sucking air.... until I realized that I had only put in a few gallons to test the system and had run out of water!! Sheesh, after 8 years you would think I would know better.

Anyway, thanks to both of you, I don't have to replace the water pump. And as long as the cover is off, will add some foam padding to help quiet things down as the pump is right next to the bed. My wife's side. Thanks again!!
RVinmedicallake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 12:04 PM   #5
LHaven

Sorry I didn't see this sooner before you tore the cover off. Popular Keystone design trick is that the bedside pump cover slides horizontally into the underbed storage space to remove. Mine isn't even screwed.
Old 05-26-2023, 01:18 PM   #6
Oilfan97

Mine is beside the bed as well, but access is via a panel in the pass through storage.

Tags
water, water pump