Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
kcordell57

Cable loop above TV

Can anyone tell me what the cable loop above the RV in the Keystone Premier (30RIPR) is actually for? Asked the dealer and he wasn't sure. Took it apart and there is a grey cable and a black cable coming to it from somewhere on the inside. The cable connection for the TV is already there in another spot.
kcordell57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.
Just taking a stab, do you have a exterior mounting bracket? Could it be for the connection from the tv to the external connection? Just a guess.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:36 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

The loop is for a satellite receiver. Most likely your Cable in is also the Sat in. When connected to park cable the loop allows the signal to reach the TV. Using a satellite receiver, you remove the loop, and one port is IN to receiver and the other is OUT to TV.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
1l243

Yep, what the chucster said. On mine I remove the top of the loop and connect the the sat box IN to the exposed cable connection.

On the outside of the trailer I connect my Tailgator Sat Pod to the Park cable. This bypasses the whole power tv outlet and gives you a straight Sat connection....
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable