Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2021, 03:00 PM   #21
Bill-2020

Popular in central Florida/Space Coast is “Soot Life” on the rear window in vinyl letters.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:16 PM   #22
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
Popular in central Florida/Space Coast is “Soot Life” on the rear window in vinyl letters.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:29 PM   #23
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDPatterson View Post
Nothing wrong with diesels... Just that some people don't maintain them properly, and purposely fix them up to blow smoke. That's not what a diesel is for.

But, if you want something that develops more power with more efficient fuel than gasoline, then buy a diesel.
I agree, but it is jerks like the person that owns the truck in the picture makes people look at diesels as being dirty engines.
Our 2016 Ram CTD is quiet and clean.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:50 PM   #24
Blackrock

we have a lot of young studs working the mines around here and making big money. They buy these big diesel trucks and the chip them, lift them and put ungodly tire and wheel combinations on them. Then they cruise the main drag and roll their coal and blast their Rockford Fosgate super boomers and think they are IT.

Bob n Judy n Nanook n Biscuit n Elsa
2016 Ram 1500 - 2016 Laredo 265SRK
Running on the ragged edge of respectability
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:04 PM   #25
CaptnJohn

Blowing smoke is not for me but there sure are a lot of politically correct people here. They are young and if they want to, let them have fun. Much more govt regulation and there will be no diesels or they will not run anyway. I'm sure y'all never did anything dumb when young.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:10 PM   #26
Badbart56

Yeah, that's probably my cousin.....

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:31 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Blowing smoke is not for me but there sure are a lot of politically correct people here. They are young and if they want to, let them have fun. Much more govt regulation and there will be no diesels or they will not run anyway. I'm sure y'all never did anything dumb when young.

And you would absolutely be right......it was cool then!! Didn't "roll any coal" then - not a soul drove a diesel except on the farm.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:55 AM   #28
notanlines

So far I don't believe we can one-up this one: "those over compensating huge exhaust pipes in the bed of the truck just make me want to drop a cantaloupe down inside one of them."
We got a lot of laughs out of that one....
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:20 AM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it to come across this way, but.....

So, it's OK to screw up the environment, wreck campgrounds with big tires and loud, smoking trucks that belch black soot "because you're young and want to"... But when you hit 35, you're no longer allowed to do stupid crap ?????

I think everyone of us did "dumb stuff when we were young".... The difference is, IMHO, when I was young, there were less than half the people "sharing the same space we call "the USA". Back then, in a less crowded nation, we could "do stupid stuff" and often nobody else was anywhere close to be harmed or inconvenienced by our stupid stuff.... Today, well, when one of those "young and wants to" runs that truck on the highway, or "peels out in a WalMart parking lot" or revs his engine, dumping black soot at a stop light on a crowded city street, or speeds through a campground, the chances of hitting a kid on a bike or inconveniencing people is significantly greater. Back then there were maybe 2 campers in the campground, today there's 200.... You can't "do stupid stuff these days with the same "individuality" we did back then....

So, no, even though "they're young and want to" they have no more "right to be stupid" than any one of us "old farts".... When they risk injuring us, then they no longer have a right to be stupid.....

It would be "nice if there was still the wide open spaces to be stupid" and in some locations there are those spaces, but in a crowded campground or on a busy city street, no, those "young and want to's" need to be held to the same standards as everyone else.....

Times have changed and IMHO, not always for the better........

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:13 PM   #30
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it to come across this way, but.....

So, it's OK to screw up the environment, wreck campgrounds with big tires and loud, smoking trucks that belch black soot "because you're young and want to"... But when you hit 35, you're no longer allowed to do stupid crap ?????

I think everyone of us did "dumb stuff when we were young".... The difference is, IMHO, when I was young, there were less than half the people "sharing the same space we call "the USA". Back then, in a less crowded nation, we could "do stupid stuff" and often nobody else was anywhere close to be harmed or inconvenienced by our stupid stuff.... Today, well, when one of those "young and wants to" runs that truck on the highway, or "peels out in a WalMart parking lot" or revs his engine, dumping black soot at a stop light on a crowded city street, or speeds through a campground, the chances of hitting a kid on a bike or inconveniencing people is significantly greater. Back then there were maybe 2 campers in the campground, today there's 200.... You can't "do stupid stuff these days with the same "individuality" we did back then....

So, no, even though "they're young and want to" they have no more "right to be stupid" than any one of us "old farts".... When they risk injuring us, then they no longer have a right to be stupid.....

It would be "nice if there was still the wide open spaces to be stupid" and in some locations there are those spaces, but in a crowded campground or on a busy city street, no, those "young and want to's" need to be held to the same standards as everyone else.....

Times have changed and IMHO, not always for the better........
We'll put John!
Unfortunately there's also a lot of those "kids that want to" with no concern for anyone else that have never been told "NO" than there were when we were "young & stupid".
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote