Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2021, 02:26 PM   #1
Mr. Magoo

Cool Air conditioning and slide out not working

I have a Zeppelin (2004) and our slide out and air conditioning suddenly went out.

Went camping this weekend and had no power (lights, slide out air conditioning, water pump, etc). First thing I checked was the fuse box, and both 30 AMP fuses were blown . I replaced the two 30 AMP fuses, and had power for lights, water pump, etc, but not the slide out or air conditioning. The lights, water pump, etc., worked with either the battery connected only or the trailer plugged into the AC (110 V), so electricity is flowing, but not to the slide out or air conditioning. Are these 2 systems wired in tandem, and a fuse blown somewhere that I am missing? This older model trailer doesn't seem to have a battery disconnect (and the lights still work on the battery), so I suspect it is a fuse somewhere in the system. Anyone have this happen?

To give a back story...when we pulled into the campground, we filled up with water and drained our sanitary (after overwintering) and the water pump was working, all while the trailer was hooked to the truck electrical. I didn't shut the pump switch off and we jumped in the truck and drove to the campsite. By the time we got to the campsite and backed the trailer in (less than 5 minutes) both 30 AMP fuses were blown and no electricity flowing (i.e., as mentioned above). Could the truck cause a surge that would blow two 30AMP fuses (a new 2020 Ford F150)? I have never blown a fuse in the past. Any help would be great.
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:41 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

First thing I would do is check the battery by pulling it out and take it to an autoparts store and have load tested. It doesn't take much to make a light come on but the slide motor requires a good chrged battery to operate. Do you kjow how old the battery is? Has the battery been fully discharged in the past?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:40 PM   #3
Mr. Magoo

Unhappy

I went out that morning to the nearest town and bought a new battery. The one that was in the trailer was at least 5 years old. I hoped that was the issue but unfortunately it wasn't.
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out