Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2021, 03:43 PM   #1
markcee

Sound bar for Sunmit TV

I have a 50 inch summit TV in our 2020 cougar half ton. I am looking for a relatively inexpensive sound bar that I can connect to the TV to improve the sound when the air conditioner is running.

Currently watch TV by bringing up Fubo on a laptop with the laptop connected to the TV thru and HDMI port. I have another HDMI as well as an HDMI ARC port available.

Suggestions?
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:48 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Check to see what inputs your television has; there is a special audio on some, the HDMI and some also have the old headset type jack. Go to bestbuy.com or amazon.com or similar and shop using the connectivity presented by the TV. I have an HDMI on my TV but it is only input. Read the reviews as many sound bars have horrible remotes; at least mine is. I can't hear the TV unless through the sound bar with the A/C running.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 04:14 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Mark I put one of the Polk soundbars with a wireless remote in our trailer. I've been very happy with it; actually very surprised. I wasn't even going to look at them but the guy at Best Buy said to not overlook them and I would be surprised at the quality of the sound for the price....I was. I did not have room for it to fit under the TV but is sits on the ledge right under/behind it unsecured and works great. Just push the TV back on the pivot arm when time to travel and strap it in, it holds the sound bar in place just fine. I will say that I don't use the wireless remote because my other remote controls the sound and volume of the soundbar.

Edit: forgot the link

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/polk-au...?skuId=6294107
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 05:34 PM   #4
dutchmensport

I'm not sure what kind it was, we're in the camper, not in the house right now, but we have a sound bar and it's connected with the fiber optic cable to the back of the television. Originally, we purchased it for our previous camper (Outback). It had 2 wireless surround sound and the Bass speaker. When that thing was cranked, the entire camper vibrated like a out of balance washing machine on it's spin cycle, and I could feel the vibrations in the ground 300 feet away, and hear the boom-boom on the other side of the campground,... and everything was INSIDE the camper. It worked so well, we ended up putting it in the house, as we have a very large living room and it made better sense.

In the hosue we had a Boise sound bar (yes pricey) and we ended up moving it to the camper. It connects with both a fiber optic cable and an HMDI cable. We use it in the bed room as that television had really puney sound and the living camper living room was already attached to a Furrion Sound bar system. For what it's worth, that Boise sound bar will blast as much as the other one, except we don't have the Bass speaker with it. It's an awesome sound bar.

Sorry, I don't know right off what brand the one in the house was, but I do know we didn't pay over $200 for it, including the Bass, but we did pay extra for the wireless adapter.

So, check your television and see what kind of connections are available on the back. Almost all of them, even the very cheapest television should have the HMDI connection and the Fiber Optic connection. Very few .... VERY, VERY few come with an actual ear phone jack any more.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:08 PM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
I have a 50 inch summit TV in our 2020 cougar half ton. I am looking for a relatively inexpensive sound bar that I can connect to the TV to improve the sound when the air conditioner is running.

Currently watch TV by bringing up Fubo on a laptop with the laptop connected to the TV thru and HDMI port. I have another HDMI as well as an HDMI ARC port available.

Suggestions?
Define "relatively inexpensive " is that $50, $500, or ???
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:16 AM   #6
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
I'm not sure what kind it was, we're in the camper, not in the house right now, but we have a sound bar and it's connected with the fiber optic cable to the back of the television. Originally, we purchased it for our previous camper (Outback). It had 2 wireless surround sound and the Bass speaker. When that thing was cranked, the entire camper vibrated like a out of balance washing machine on it's spin cycle, and I could feel the vibrations in the ground 300 feet away, and hear the boom-boom on the other side of the campground,... and everything was INSIDE the camper. It worked so well, we ended up putting it in the house, as we have a very large living room and it made better sense.

In the hosue we had a Boise sound bar (yes pricey) and we ended up moving it to the camper. It connects with both a fiber optic cable and an HMDI cable. We use it in the bed room as that television had really puney sound and the living camper living room was already attached to a Furrion Sound bar system. For what it's worth, that Boise sound bar will blast as much as the other one, except we don't have the Bass speaker with it. It's an awesome sound bar.

Sorry, I don't know right off what brand the one in the house was, but I do know we didn't pay over $200 for it, including the Bass, but we did pay extra for the wireless adapter.

So, check your television and see what kind of connections are available on the back. Almost all of them, even the very cheapest television should have the HMDI connection and the Fiber Optic connection. Very few .... VERY, VERY few come with an actual ear phone jack any more.
HDMI only on the Summit. I figured it would have the optical audio input as well, but didn't see one.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:19 AM   #7
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Define "relatively inexpensive " is that $50, $500, or ???
I would like to be in the $100-$125 range. Of course anything for $50 that does the job is fine by me. I'm not looking for theater sound, just something that can cut thru the din a bit better than the TV speaker.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:23 AM   #8
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Mark I put one of the Polk soundbars with a wireless remote in our trailer. I've been very happy with it; actually very surprised. I wasn't even going to look at them but the guy at Best Buy said to not overlook them and I would be surprised at the quality of the sound for the price....I was. I did not have room for it to fit under the TV but is sits on the ledge right under/behind it unsecured and works great. Just push the TV back on the pivot arm when time to travel and strap it in, it holds the sound bar in place just fine. I will say that I don't use the wireless remote because my other remote controls the sound and volume of the soundbar.

Edit: forgot the link

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/polk-au...?skuId=6294107
Thanks for the link. Polk does make some good stuff.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:39 AM   #9
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
HDMI only on the Summit. I figured it would have the optical audio input as well, but didn't see one.

Perhaps this is why I mentioned being careful about INPUTS/OUTPUTS. My cheapo walmart TV doesn't have bluetooth or some of the outputs mentioned so just be careful your TV has an OUTPUT that connects to your soundbar input.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote