Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2021, 03:49 AM   #81
nitrohorse

I like to pull the microwave out of the trailer and set it on the picnic table. The DW makes the best steaks in it....

Seriously, I have a Q100 for steak, ribs, and burgers. I have a 17" Blackstone for breakfast and stir-fry.
I also have a homemade swing out grill for open fire cooking and a tripod for cooking with the Dutch oven.
My wife calls them my toys...
nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 05:29 AM   #82
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohorse View Post
I like to pull the microwave out of the trailer and set it on the picnic table. The DW makes the best steaks in it....

Seriously, I have a Q100 for steak, ribs, and burgers. I have a 17" Blackstone for breakfast and stir-fry.
I also have a homemade swing out grill for open fire cooking and a tripod for cooking with the Dutch oven.
My wife calls them my toys...

^^^^When we set up I always make a backward L from the trailer to the edge of the awning then back toward the steps with tables and cooking "stuff". I line up my gas grill, Blackstone and smoker across the front then my induction cookers go on the end.

About 2 months into this last trip some folks parked beside us and we visited most every day as we took puppy to the lake. He and his DW came over and he looked at all that "stuff" and commented on it. I told him they were my "toys"; some folks like to golf and put golf carts in front of their RVs (we were at a golf resort) and I like to cook - and eat (as I patted my happy little tummy).

He asked about the GMG smoker saying he really missed smoked meats and I explained it to him. Over the course of the next week or so I took him some brisket, then some pork butt. He loved them. By the time we left he had a new GMG Davy Crockett and was learning to use it. Another fellow down the way had another one on order. "Toys".....ain't life grand!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:01 AM   #83
BauerAP

Not gas but +1 for the GMG Davy Crockett. Found a newer WiFi version BNIB on marketplace for $200.
Runs on 12V too if it hasn’t been mentioned. Definitely want to try pizza on it too. If you haven’t purchased the bag for it, it’s definitely worth the $40.

Anyone have a blackstone tailgater? I love it but the winds at the beach keep the flame on the griddle side too yellow. I’ve searched adjustments for the air flow but haven’t found anything that will help for it. Anyone know how to adjust the flame on a tailgater?
BauerAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:14 AM   #84
captcolour

I carry a 20lb bottle and have a brand new 22" Blackstone griddle and a new two-burner Pit Boss grill:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Haven't used either yet but looking forward to it.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:29 AM   #85
linux3

If you use the TT gas port the hose is really expensive and limited by length.
I have a cheapy Walmart gas grill that uses 1 lb tanks and I can put it anywhere.
Get what you like but my >$40.00 gas grill is very portable and meets my needs.
When they are on sale a 4 pack of cylinders is pretty cheap.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Expert-Gr...lack/238454155
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:35 AM   #86
Jim27

I use the Weber camping gas grill showed in post #5. I have had it for 10 years also and it still works great.
Jim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:13 PM   #87
Gary R.

We use a Weber Q-200 and it works quite well. We carry a small propane bottle for it.

Cheers!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:54 PM   #88
nitrohorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
^^^^When we set up I always make a backward L from the trailer to the edge of the awning then back toward the steps with tables and cooking "stuff". I line up my gas grill, Blackstone and smoker across the front then my induction cookers go on the end.

About 2 months into this last trip some folks parked beside us and we visited most every day as we took puppy to the lake. He and his DW came over and he looked at all that "stuff" and commented on it. I told him they were my "toys"; some folks like to golf and put golf carts in front of their RVs (we were at a golf resort) and I like to cook - and eat (as I patted my happy little tummy).

He asked about the GMG smoker saying he really missed smoked meats and I explained it to him. Over the course of the next week or so I took him some brisket, then some pork butt. He loved them. By the time we left he had a new GMG Davy Crockett and was learning to use it. Another fellow down the way had another one on order. "Toys".....ain't life grand!
Amen brother...nothing like cooking and eating well while camping.
2013 Jayco 26RLS
1996 Sunline 21' TT
1977 StarCraft Galaxy 8 pop-up
nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:12 PM   #89
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux3 View Post
If you use the TT gas port the hose is really expensive and limited by length...
The 10 foot hose I got to hook my Weber Q to the camper gas system was $24, cheap enough I thought and now I can use the 1 pound canisters for the Coleman lanterns

Looks like they are up to $28 now, still worth it IMO.

-Brian
Old 04-25-2021, 03:01 AM   #90
Vet4jdc

We carry a Coleman cook stove (for boiling water for pasta), a Weber Smokey Joe for grilling and smoking on charcoal, a Weber gas grill for the quick burger or dog at lunchtime, a Blackstone griddle for breakfast stuff like bacon and eggs and of course the inside stove / oven for whatever else we need. The DW laughs at all of my cooking gear but when it's meal time, we eat well and it's tasty!
Old 04-25-2021, 05:18 AM   #91
BrooksFam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
^^^^When we set up I always make a backward L from the trailer to the edge of the awning then back toward the steps with tables and cooking "stuff". I line up my gas grill, Blackstone and smoker across the front then my induction cookers go on the end...…………….
!
Need a picture of this set up.....
EAZ-Lift Recurve R3 #1200

BrooksFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:02 AM   #92
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksFam View Post
Need a picture of this set up.....

I'll try to get one if I can remember. It's in the shop right now and our next trip is not planned yet due to the uncertainty.
Old 06-06-2021, 06:43 PM   #93
Weldon

Blackstone

Pulled the trigger on a Blackstone this weekend. Seasoned it yesterday and cleaned out pass through storage to remove anything not needed after a year plus of camping. Wanted the Blackstone stand but didnt want the additional weight. When i grill, i use a 4' folding table that's plastic on half the top and a metal grid on the other half. Any suggestions on a cover or anything else? Never used a griddle but have been grilling for 25 yrs.
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:01 PM   #94
JRTJH
Site Team

Weldon,

Blackstone sells two types of grill covers. One is simply a "topper" that slips over the grill to keep dust and dirt from falling on it. It doesn't keep the area around the grill protected from grease when stored in the trailer...

The other, and IMHO much better choice is the "Blackstone carry bag". The grill slips into the bag, it closes with a zipper (at least mine does, I've heard that some now are using velcro to keep the flap closed). It's more of a "soft side suitcase" than a "grill cover". Here's one source for the 22" grill: https://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-17...s%2C181&sr=8-4

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:13 PM   #95
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
Pulled the trigger on a Blackstone this weekend. Seasoned it yesterday and cleaned out pass through storage to remove anything not needed after a year plus of camping. Wanted the Blackstone stand but didnt want the additional weight. When i grill, i use a 4' folding table that's plastic on half the top and a metal grid on the other half. Any suggestions on a cover or anything else? Never used a griddle but have been grilling for 25 yrs.

Weldon I carry 2 covers. There is the Blackstone carry bag and then I use a Blackstone "cover" when it's sitting on my 4' table. Works great. I will say that the Blackstone branded cover (not carry bag) can leak water through the seams on the patch that says Blackstone. I bought another generic brand that holds up great. I would not travel with the griddle without the carry bag IMO.

Tags
gas