Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2021, 10:46 AM   #1
C26rbs19

Alpha Lab Sealer 1021 & Camping World

1. Does anyone have any thoughts on Alpha Lab sealer 1021?

2. Is it ok to rant about camping world service on these forums; Not that I have any issues just wondering?
C26rbs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Alpha Lab 1021 sealer? Would that be like the Alpha Lab TPO roofing and RecPro 1021 sealant??

As far as CW and "ranting" you might read the community rules posted at the bottom of each page. You can state your experiences good or bad along with any opinion formed - in good taste. Don't get on a roll bashing from thread to thread. Also keep in mind that "Camping World" the corporation is far different than "Camping World" your local dealership. The issues voiced from time to time are generally "dealership" issues.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:02 PM   #3
notanlines

I believe the 1021 is a high quality sealer but not for all roof systems. Dicor one part is the go-to sealer by most people.
Say pretty much what you like (within reason) about whatever dealer you choose, good or bad. But make sure what you say is truthful, not stretching the bad parts. And yes, you can give the name, we'd prefer it, but you have to stand behind what you say.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 02:22 PM   #4
C26rbs19

thank You.

how do you add pictures?
Old 06-10-2021, 06:05 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by C26rbs19 View Post
thank You.

how do you add pictures?
https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ead.php?t=7518

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=27006 (Post #8)

If your comments about Camping World are focused on helping other members avoid similar situations, if you're looking for help/advice on how to best handle a problem, if you're attempting to gain information to improve or resolve your situation, then yes, posting negative comments can be done (in a constructive, not destructive way)...

On the other hand, if you're wanting to hear yourself say bad things about CW, just to get the BS off your chest, find a counselor or a social worker.... We try to keep the forum focused on positive outcomes, not just "bashing someone who isn't going to respond to defend the other side of the situation".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 04:03 AM   #6
C26rbs19

Thank you for your reply and I agree whole hearty. I see enough neighborhood links were people complain about everything so that's why I asked. is there some of that in here probably and I apologize sometimes its just hard to separate the 2.

But here is the lesson that hope helps others.

I guess there was a misunderstanding on my part. "spot seal" is just what it says it is and because of that I ask several times if they where going to reseal ALL the vents and I was assured that they were (that is what I wanted beause I have had roof leakage before and id be on the road for 2 months).

I was unable to get an actual quote/estamate so my advice to other campers (since there are so many new campers) please make sure that you have a you and the service provider (not just CW) have a complete understanding of the scope of the work and a complete understanding of each other
Old 06-12-2021, 06:10 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by C26rbs19 View Post
Thank you for your reply and I agree whole hearty. I see enough neighborhood links were people complain about everything so that's why I asked. is there some of that in here probably and I apologize sometimes its just hard to separate the 2.

But here is the lesson that hope helps others.

I guess there was a misunderstanding on my part. "spot seal" is just what it says it is and because of that I ask several times if they where going to reseal ALL the vents and I was assured that they were (that is what I wanted beause I have had roof leakage before and id be on the road for 2 months).

I was unable to get an actual quote/estamate so my advice to other campers (since there are so many new campers) please make sure that you have a you and the service provider (not just CW) have a complete understanding of the scope of the work and a complete understanding of each other
That is a "legitimate" issue and thanks for bringing it up. Many people "speak an entirely different language" than service people in almost every occupation from appliance repair to zebra breeding... It's no surprise that the RV industry is also "prone to mis-interpretations" when discussing repair projects. Possibly, reverting to "basic language" and explaining the desired outcome in terms like, "I want every inch of the roof around everything that's on it resealed" or "Put new sealant around everything on the roof."

Otherwise, you'll probably get a "roof inspection with new sealant where the technician thought there could be damaged or loose sealant".... One uses 8-10 tubes of sealant, the other "up to one tube"... It's all in the "language understood between the customer and the person doing the work with 3 or 4 "interpretors" (service writer, service scheduler and shop foreman) thrown in the middle....

I'm not trying to "excuse CW's process" but it happens everywhere. Last time I took my truck in for an oil change, I mentioned that I wanted the transfer case oil checked. When I got the truck back, I was told that it wasn't due to be checked for another 25,000 miles..... So like you, a different language spoken and a different outcome than desired.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:09 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

When I have, or read about communication issues I think of J. Edgar Hoovrr's "Watch the borders" comment on a memo someone sent him back in the 1960`s. He returned the memo with the only notation being "Wafch the borders." On the girst page. The peerson receving the memo back immediatly dispatched hungres of agents to the northern and southern borders in the western states. Someone asked wahat sre we watching for? When that question finnaly git back up the line to Hoover he replied "it was a notation for thes stenographer that typed the memo because the margins on the page are too narrow. "

Moral is to ask for clarification if you don’t fully understand and make your statements as clear as possible.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote