Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2021, 05:56 AM   #1
jasin1

Campground observations

I’ve been enjoying a week long vacation and met some really nice people but I have to say the guy next to me last night was a test of my patience.
Pulled in with a toy hauler yesterday morning..let his big dog run all through my campsite.( friendly dog though)
He immediately gets out a bucket of soap and washes the front of his fifth wheel.. I just washed and dried my truck the day before ( at the car wash) my truck is right next to his front cap because the sites are tight.. ok just some soap and water spots on my truck.I can live with it
I made friendly conversation.. i said I wanted to do that but didn’t think it was allowed and his wife chimes in and says “oh we are washing it”
We talked trucks for a few min chit chat.. he had same truck and color but srw..
Anyway I wasn’t telling them they couldn’t wash it I just didn’t know we could.
He backed all the way to extreme end of site and opened his rear patio so it practically touched the rv window behind him.( I would feel weird sitting that close to someone’s trailer )
They check out this morning and the guy empty’s his tanks and then leaves the sewer cap off and let’s all the liquid that was left in the tank drain all over the pavement for 20 min..
He brings out a bottle of spray cleaner and with no gloves on, carefully washes all of his sewer fittings about a foot a way from my newly washed truck.
He is shaking the fittings around to dry them off and gets the cleaning solution all over my truck bed side.. I finally went out and looked and asked him what was in the bottle? He said oh I’m sorry it’s just sanitizer in a spray bottle. He apologized and said it wouldn’t hurt the paint.
I sprayed it off and wished him well and didn’t bother to shake hands as previously mentioned he didn’t wear gloves while cleaning and handling the sewer fittings.
Now I have to spray off the mess he left on the parking pad so it doesn’t attract flies.

All in all it’s been a great week and a great year all things considered and we were very happy to be camping.
Just needed to vent so I don’t simmer all day...the wife’s radar picks up on that pretty quick

Tags
campground