Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2021, 05:39 PM   #1
Pyewacket123

2004 Everest

Newbie here...Just purchased an 2004 Everest. Both of the ceiling fans do not work.
Vents are fully opened. It has fuses built directly into the unit. 3 Amp glass fuses.
Fuses are good. They also have the thermostat on the unit itself. Thanks!
Pyewacket123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
LHaven

2004 is relatively old if these haven't been maintained. In my previous rig, I had to work on my Fantastic Fans every five years or so. Tweak the fan rings and the shroud so that they weren't rubbing, spray a little contact cleaner into the cover sensor so it would release properly, same for the thermostat and directional switches, etc. Have you done all that stuff? Have you ensured that power is available at the power switch (central fuse issue)?
Old 06-05-2021, 06:45 PM   #3
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewacket123 View Post
Newbie here...Just purchased an 2004 Everest. Both of the ceiling fans do not work.
Vents are fully opened. It has fuses built directly into the unit. 3 Amp glass fuses.
We had a 2003 from new, 14 years. For us it was very durable.

Here is a copy of our brochure. It may be helpful to you if you have no other information. Ours was a 363K.

https://www.jerrystrailers.com/fckim...03_Everest.pdf
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:53 AM   #4
Pearlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewacket123 View Post
We have an 09 340i fifth wheel Everest. I don't know what your control panel looks like, but there is a white toggle on the left lower side of the panel for our fan. It wasn't labeled, so I had to label it. If you don't turn that on, you can pull the chain all day and the fan won't work. It may not be the answer for you. Good luck!
Pearlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:29 AM   #5
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlie View Post
We have an 09 340i fifth wheel Everest. I don't know what your control panel looks like, but there is a white toggle on the left lower side of the panel for our fan. It wasn't labeled, so I had to label it. If you don't turn that on, you can pull the chain all day and the fan won't work. It may not be the answer for you. Good luck!
Our fan and A/C had a remote control unit.

We had the factory upgrade the 3.5K A/C to a 15K Carrier. That may be the reason why we had the remote.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:43 AM   #6
Pyewacket123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
2004 is relatively old if these haven't been maintained. In my previous rig, I had to work on my Fantastic Fans every five years or so. Tweak the fan rings and the shroud so that they weren't rubbing, spray a little contact cleaner into the cover sensor so it would release properly, same for the thermostat and directional switches, etc. Have you done all that stuff? Have you ensured that power is available at the power switch (central fuse issue)?
Thank you! Will check it out this weekend.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #7
Pyewacket123

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
We had a 2003 from new, 14 years. For us it was very durable.

Here is a copy of our brochure. It may be helpful to you if you have no other information. Ours was a 363K.

https://www.jerrystrailers.com/fckim...03_Everest.pdf
Thank you!
Old 06-10-2021, 10:45 AM   #8
Pyewacket123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlie View Post
Thank you! Will check it out this weekend.