Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2021, 03:08 PM   #12
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
My load weight is 3052 lbs. My Tremor Forum has lots of people pulling 17k 5th wheels. I looked at Grand Design Momentum’s that are 16,800 and pin weight of 2,785. I know many say I need a dually. On RV Trader and other sites I see in the pics SRW pulling these large rigs. My F350 6.7 Tremor is a beast. I probably won’t put the Carli Pintop suspension but will add the Firestone Ride Rite Red Label Extreme 7,500lbs air bag set up I already have. I will most likely get one of these heavy toy trailers and see what my rig can do. One of my friends says he pulls a triple axle 20k 44’ toy hauler with his F350 6.7 Tremor. So IDK. I was a NYC Union Ironworker that was a connector that erected high rises, walking beams, and climbing columns and connecting the skeletons of these structures. Not many people would do this for a living. So it’s just that I’m not afraid to give it a try. That’s all. I’m going to pull mine and my wife’s Harleys across country and live life to it’s fullest. If I have a hard time pulling this beast then I’ll pull the trigger and buy a 2022 F450. So that’s my plan. I know this subject causes lots of arguments and life is way to short for that. I just lost my dad in March and was with him as he passed away. That has changed my thoughts with life. I’m 53 yrs young and now retired, and I don’t want waste a single day on the blessings JESUS CHRIST has bestowed on me. So I thank you all for your sound advice. I will just try it out with my Tremor and just take it one day at a time. GOD BLESS. ��������������������
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
He lost me at that and the "one of friends..." line. Some people also drive drunk, some folks drive while high on drugs, others do things that are just plain dangerous and or stupid. I will not follow in their footsteps, especially when my family's safety is involved. To each their own I guess. When I see them go by I just stay back and let them put distance between themself and me.
Well I highlighted a few statements in in blue and red.

My load weight is 3052 lbs. ..... Grand Design Momentum’s that are 16,800 and pin weight of 2,785, Well that 2,785# pin is empty/dry no batteries, no propane, nothing, just as it rolled off the assembly line. One needs to figure 20% to 25% of GVW for pin weight loaded, so at 16,800# pin could be between 3,360# and 4,200 both more than your "Load weight of 3,052#" without subtracting the weight of the air bags, your family, hitch and stuff you load into the truck.

One of my friends says he pulls a triple axle 20k 44’ toy hauler with his F350 6.7 Tremor. So IDK.
So if one of your fellow Iron workers intentionally jumped off a beam 80 stories in the air would you also jump off?

If I have a hard time pulling this beast
Pulling and carrying are two different items, getting it to move with the diesel, should not be an issue, it is the ablity of the TV to be able to carry the weight of the 5er pin on the axle and tires.

then I’ll pull the trigger and buy a 2022 F450.
This is the best statement you have made.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, ford