Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2021, 03:25 PM   #1
JRlikesRVliving

Front thermostat is off by 10 degrees

Hey,

I’m in a 2019 keystone cougar 33 SAB. Recently I’ve noticed that my front thermostat is reading the temp about 10 degrees cooler than it is.

I have a in-command global connect control system with 2 zones. The rear zone seems to be reading fine. I’ve updated the software and restarted it. Nothing.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!
JRlikesRVliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:38 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRlikesRVliving View Post
Hey,

I’m in a 2019 keystone cougar 33 SAB. Recently I’ve noticed that my front thermostat is reading the temp about 10 degrees cooler than it is.

I have a in-command global connect control system with 2 zones. The rear zone seems to be reading fine. I’ve updated the software and restarted it. Nothing.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!
May need a new wall sensor. Should be pretty easy to replace. Can you use a hair dryer and see if it changes quickly? Did it ever work right?
Old 05-14-2021, 03:49 PM   #3
JRlikesRVliving

Brilliant!! I just tested it with my lighter and now it’s spot on. So whatever happened, it’s the wall sensor… I’m gonna look into wall sensor replacement because I’m thinking this fix won’t last long.

I can YouTube this but if you have tips I’ll take em.

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated
JRlikesRVliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:37 PM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRlikesRVliving View Post
Brilliant!! I just tested it with my lighter and now it’s spot on. So whatever happened, it’s the wall sensor… I’m gonna look into wall sensor replacement because I’m thinking this fix won’t last long.

I can YouTube this but if you have tips I’ll take em.

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated
Your welcome I would pull the sensor and see if there are any part numbers on it and see if it connects directly to the in command board or is wired right at the sensor.. either way shouldn’t be a hard job..couple of guys on here have more experience with the iN·Command controls
Old 05-15-2021, 04:46 AM   #5
ChuckS

I would check the placement of the remote temp sensor.. if it is mounted inside a hole inside the wall the temps it detects will be what's inside the wall instead of what actual temp is in the room...

The remote temp sensors... whether its an In Command or CCC2 thermostat are MOUNTED separately to each air conditioner on the roof.. The connections for the temp sensors are at the control module of each AC roof unit and are then connected in parallel from Zone 1 to Zone 2 via CANBUS line..

The wire for each remote temp sensor is one long continuous run from its location to the control module..

To verify the temp sensor is reading accurately disconnect it from its Zone control module on the roof and use multi meter and read the resistance of the remote sensor compared to the actual temp inside the room where its mounted at.

This PDF should help you... there is also a resistance reading chart with various resistance readings for temps... Also images of incorrectly and correctly mounted remote temp sensors are in the PDF
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Remote HVAC Temp Sensor.pdf (761.4 KB, 438 views)

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 03:48 PM   #6
dutchmensport

I don't know what the fix is, but I do know the temperature setting on thermostats are not always as reliable as we may hope they are. We have all electric heat in our house, and every room has it's own thermostat. Right beside the thermostats in every room, I hung the same small thermometer in every room. And I find found it interesting that no two rooms matched the temperature setting on the thermostat with the attached wall mounted thermometer. So, "Kentucky Windage" prevailed in room. I marked all the termostats where 70 degrees was on the thermostat, when compared to the thermometer.

In all my travel trailers, I have never relied on the temperature shown or the temperature set on the thermostat. I keep a small thermometer right beside the thermostat so I know what is really happening. Now, I can usually get the temperature exactly what I want at the thermostat, but the rest of the trailer is all over the charts. From front to back, and depending on Summer or Winter, and depending on the upper level (fifth wheel), or the bottom level, no two places in the camper are EVER the same. So, in the end, it doesn't matter what the actual temperature is, it boils down to if we are comfortable or not. Who cares what the thermostat is set at.