Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-26-2021, 02:04 PM   #61
notanlines
Senior Member
 
notanlines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 4,839
Linix, if you had one would your wife drive it as a daily driver? See, mine neither. Otherwise it would be in front of the Suites!
__________________

__________________
Jim in Memphis
Wife of 49 years is Brenda
2019 F450 6.7 Powerstroke
2017 Mobile Suites 40RSSA
2015 26TBUD Salem Forest River (For Alaska Trip)
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:52 PM   #62
vampress_me
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 554
Dan,

How in the world did you get a dually F-350 without clearance lights on the cab?!?! Iím jealous! I tried to order our 2019 like that since I dislike the clearance cab lights and Ford said you could not do it on the DRW, only the SRW.
__________________

__________________
--Lynette

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:17 PM   #63
JSisemoreTX
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Huffman
Posts: 79
2017, f350 DRW, Lariat, FX4

Loving my f350 but have never had a f450. It rides smoother than my f250 ever did! With the long bed, it is a bit$ch to turn though when backing into a tight spot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210311_144522.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	325.5 KB
ID:	33192  
JSisemoreTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:23 PM   #64
Dan Lockwood
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: O'Fallon
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
Dan,

How in the world did you get a dually F-350 without clearance lights on the cab?!?! Iím jealous! I tried to order our 2019 like that since I dislike the clearance cab lights and Ford said you could not do it on the DRW, only the SRW.
That picture is hard to see, but I do have can lights, all five of the little LED's. Here's another angle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D719D5AA-273C-4483-A8D2-8440DF6F8201.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	33193  
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:31 PM   #65
rhagfo
Senior Member
 
rhagfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Linix, if you had one would your wife drive it as a daily driver? See, mine neither. Otherwise it would be in front of the Suites!
My DW doesnít have an issue driving our DRW.
__________________
Russ & Paula and Belle the Beagle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 14,000# GVWR (New TV)
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS 32í GVWR 12,360
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:00 PM   #66
sourdough
Site Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: W. Texas
Posts: 11,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
My DW doesnít have an issue driving our DRW.
You know, I've been out in the wind and dirt working on my fence, come in and read this stuff - 350 vs 450...or is it gas vs diesel or....?? Maybe we have too much time on our hands.

My DW doesn't tow my RV, mine does. I have a diesel truck, you have a gas truck. 350 vs 450; GM vs Ram vs Ford....the list is endless. IMO, as the above post illustrates, in all those situations (and more) we just keep getting deeper and deeper into silliness. Drive by gassers and "rev the diesel" to make them jealous? Please. DW tows my RV but yours doesn't? Help. Heck, my wife's blonde..your's is brunette; MY DW had cancer and survived....Someone else didn't....What the heck?

Mine ain't better than yours; Mine has nothing to do with your life or situation. We've gotten into a tit for tat situation on many of these things that doesn't help a soul IMO. I appreciate what another has and how they use it. I have no issue, or desire, to defend or deficate on someone else's decisions.

This is as a member; we keep having these threads that seem to be driven by "my dog's bigger than your dog"; why? I like/love what I have, have every means to buy anything I want....why do I (anyone else) need to hammer someone because it's not what "I" like? IMO we need to maybe just accept that "my" choice isn't the best for every human on the planet, it's .....my choice, not anyone elses. Now, I'm going to wash 5 lbs. of W TX dirt off me, eat something and hit the sack....but I feel better.
__________________
Danny & Susan wife of 53 years
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie CC SB 6.4 4x4 4.10
2020 Montana High Country 331RL
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:27 PM   #67
jasin1
Senior Member
 
jasin1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Middle River
Posts: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
You know, I've been out in the wind and dirt working on my fence, come in and read this stuff - 350 vs 450...or is it gas vs diesel or....?? Maybe we have too much time on our hands.

My DW doesn't tow my RV, mine does. I have a diesel truck, you have a gas truck. 350 vs 450; GM vs Ram vs Ford....the list is endless. IMO, as the above post illustrates, in all those situations (and more) we just keep getting deeper and deeper into silliness. Drive by gassers and "rev the diesel" to make them jealous? Please. DW tows my RV but yours doesn't? Help. Heck, my wife's blonde..your's is brunette; MY DW had cancer and survived....Someone else didn't....What the heck?

Mine ain't better than yours; Mine has nothing to do with your life or situation. We've gotten into a tit for tat situation on many of these things that doesn't help a soul IMO. I appreciate what another has and how they use it. I have no issue, or desire, to defend or deficate on someone else's decisions.

This is as a member; we keep having these threads that seem to be driven by "my dog's bigger than your dog"; why? I like/love what I have, have every means to buy anything I want....why do I (anyone else) need to hammer someone because it's not what "I" like? IMO we need to maybe just accept that "my" choice isn't the best for every human on the planet, it's .....my choice, not anyone elses. Now, I'm going to wash 5 lbs. of W TX dirt off me, eat something and hit the sack....but I feel better.
Your right..I get carried away sometimes. My apologies if I offended anyone with my opinions. The fact is they are all good trucks if they get you to a campground safely.
__________________
2020 Cougar 315 RLS
2020 Ram 3500 6.7HO 4.10 Dually Aisin
jasin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:52 PM   #68
JSisemoreTX
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Huffman
Posts: 79
....I like reading these threads. I didn't know the differences between an f350 and a f450 .....until I read similar threads. Then I learned about turning radius differences, different sizes tires, etc....pros/cons. We can never make the mistake of assuming that other readers know what we know. Many will read these threads and pick up something new. Consumer education leads to better choices. But I absolutely agree that what is right for 1 person may not be for another.
__________________
Ford F350 Dually
2020 Keystone Avalanche 396BH (2 axles)
GVWR - 16,500
Payload Capacity - 2616
JSisemoreTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:40 PM   #69
linux3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Western NY
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Linix, if you had one would your wife drive it as a daily driver? See, mine neither. Otherwise it would be in front of the Suites!
My wife doesn't drive my Silverado 1500 so I think a Freightliner would be out of the question.

I signed us up for a class on driving your TT at Wilkins RV in Victor.
Learned a lot on backing up and parking but the funny part was wife driving a 2500HD Diesel with a 30" TT
She is 5'2 and couldn't really see over the hood.
Fun times because it wasn't my truck.
__________________
#####################
Rob
Passport 195RB
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:12 AM   #70
DWBinRI
Junior Member
 
DWBinRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Buzzards Bay
Posts: 21
450

I went with the 450 this time ordered it from the factory to get exactly what I wanted. You just can't beat it much better than the 350 I replaced.
DWBinRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:29 AM   #71
sourdough
Site Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: W. Texas
Posts: 11,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
You know, I've been out in the wind and dirt working on my fence, come in and read this stuff - 350 vs 450...or is it gas vs diesel or....?? Maybe we have too much time on our hands.

My DW doesn't tow my RV, mine does. I have a diesel truck, you have a gas truck. 350 vs 450; GM vs Ram vs Ford....the list is endless. IMO, as the above post illustrates, in all those situations (and more) we just keep getting deeper and deeper into silliness. Drive by gassers and "rev the diesel" to make them jealous? Please. DW tows my RV but yours doesn't? Help. Heck, my wife's blonde..your's is brunette; MY DW had cancer and survived....Someone else didn't....What the heck?

Mine ain't better than yours; Mine has nothing to do with your life or situation. We've gotten into a tit for tat situation on many of these things that doesn't help a soul IMO. I appreciate what another has and how they use it. I have no issue, or desire, to defend or deficate on someone else's decisions.

This is as a member; we keep having these threads that seem to be driven by "my dog's bigger than your dog"; why? I like/love what I have, have every means to buy anything I want....why do I (anyone else) need to hammer someone because it's not what "I" like? IMO we need to maybe just accept that "my" choice isn't the best for every human on the planet, it's .....my choice, not anyone elses. Now, I'm going to wash 5 lbs. of W TX dirt off me, eat something and hit the sack....but I feel better.


I'm sure it's obvious but my irritation, aggravation and frustration from dealing with a sandstorm and 40+mph winds while trying to do fence work was showing a bit in the above post - especially after having a big gust catch a 5' wide steel framed wooden gate and hit me right in the keister while I was bent over tightening a bolt. Like to broke my neck against the other steel frame.

The post wasn't to offend anyone and I hope I didn't. Anytime there is a thread with "x vs y" it can go all over the place. Just seems lately we go a little more off the deep end. Maybe it's being cooped up, maybe the time of year.....maybe it's me. Anyway, been out again this morning and the winds are starting so maybe the next clear day I can put this 10gal of sealer on the fence.....maybe.
__________________
Danny & Susan wife of 53 years
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie CC SB 6.4 4x4 4.10
2020 Montana High Country 331RL
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:17 AM   #72
wiredgeorge
Senior Member
 
wiredgeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Mico, TX
Posts: 3,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
You know, I've been out in the wind and dirt working on my fence, come in and read this stuff - 350 vs 450...or is it gas vs diesel or....?? Maybe we have too much time on our hands.

My DW doesn't tow my RV, mine does. I have a diesel truck, you have a gas truck. 350 vs 450; GM vs Ram vs Ford....the list is endless. IMO, as the above post illustrates, in all those situations (and more) we just keep getting deeper and deeper into silliness. Drive by gassers and "rev the diesel" to make them jealous? Please. DW tows my RV but yours doesn't? Help. Heck, my wife's blonde..your's is brunette; MY DW had cancer and survived....Someone else didn't....What the heck?

Mine ain't better than yours; Mine has nothing to do with your life or situation. We've gotten into a tit for tat situation on many of these things that doesn't help a soul IMO. I appreciate what another has and how they use it. I have no issue, or desire, to defend or deficate on someone else's decisions.

This is as a member; we keep having these threads that seem to be driven by "my dog's bigger than your dog"; why? I like/love what I have, have every means to buy anything I want....why do I (anyone else) need to hammer someone because it's not what "I" like? IMO we need to maybe just accept that "my" choice isn't the best for every human on the planet, it's .....my choice, not anyone elses. Now, I'm going to wash 5 lbs. of W TX dirt off me, eat something and hit the sack....but I feel better.
Wow. My dog IS bigger than you dog. His name is Presley (guess my wife is a fan). He is a St. Bernard/Alsatian mix. BTW: Anybody that lives in W. TX and complains about wind and dust.... God bless you! Why don't you move down to the Hill Country which was the original Garden of Eden?
__________________
wiredgeorge Mico TX
2006 F350 CC 4WD 6.0L
2002 Keystone Cougar 278
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:43 AM   #73
sourdough
Site Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: W. Texas
Posts: 11,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Wow. My dog IS bigger than you dog. His name is Presley (guess my wife is a fan). He is a St. Bernard/Alsatian mix. BTW: Anybody that lives in W. TX and complains about wind and dust.... God bless you! Why don't you move down to the Hill Country which was the original Garden of Eden?

Lived in Central TX (Marble Falls) and loved it. Unfortunately work, and where it sends you, are/were the priorities. Complain about the wind and dust? Done it for over 70 years and will until the day I die - I hate it but life is life.....and that is when DW says she will live here and not leave, so that leaves me 2 choices; leave her or stay and complain. Obviously it's the latter. I guess the silver lining is that I'll have my trailer back in a week or 2 and once I give it a going over I will head somewhere that is green and has water. That way I can complain about humidity, heat, mosquitoes, etc. - but I won't have sand in my hair, teeth and craw.
__________________
Danny & Susan wife of 53 years
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie CC SB 6.4 4x4 4.10
2020 Montana High Country 331RL
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:18 PM   #74
rhagfo
Senior Member
 
rhagfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Linix, if you had one would your wife drive it as a daily driver? See, mine neither. Otherwise it would be in front of the Suites!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I'm sure it's obvious but my irritation, aggravation and frustration from dealing with a sandstorm and 40+mph winds while trying to do fence work was showing a bit in the above post - especially after having a big gust catch a 5' wide steel framed wooden gate and hit me right in the keister while I was bent over tightening a bolt. Like to broke my neck against the other steel frame.

The post wasn't to offend anyone and I hope I didn't. Anytime there is a thread with "x vs y" it can go all over the place. Just seems lately we go a little more off the deep end. Maybe it's being cooped up, maybe the time of year.....maybe it's me. Anyway, been out again this morning and the winds are starting so maybe the next clear day I can put this 10gal of sealer on the fence.....maybe.
We my response to NoTanlines, comes from the fact we full time and the DRW is our only vehicle. We see full timers that have a TV and a car. The DW chases the DH and TV and trailer, this worked even less for the DW, she is comfortable driving the DRW. My youngest DD, has horses and drives a DRW, not only when towing, but also running errands.
I agree, it is to each their own, but I want enough TV for what I am towing, or what I might tow in the future.
__________________
Russ & Paula and Belle the Beagle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 14,000# GVWR (New TV)
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS 32í GVWR 12,360
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:31 PM   #75
notanlines
Senior Member
 
notanlines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 4,839
Russ, I'm not sure how you took my post concerning the hauler, but DW drives our DRW every day, triple tows without complaint, always drove our 38' Fountain Lightening as fast as it would go (83), AND put it on the trailer every time. But she puts her foot down when it comes to a $150K hauler as a daily driver. She's a tough old bird!
I just wasn't sure how the previous post was construed.
__________________
Jim in Memphis
Wife of 49 years is Brenda
2019 F450 6.7 Powerstroke
2017 Mobile Suites 40RSSA
2015 26TBUD Salem Forest River (For Alaska Trip)
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:36 PM   #76
jasin1
Senior Member
 
jasin1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Middle River
Posts: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Russ, I'm not sure how you took my post concerning the hauler, but DW drives our DRW every day, triple tows without complaint, always drove our 38' Fountain Lightening as fast as it would go (83), AND put it on the trailer every time. But she puts her foot down when it comes to a $150K hauler as a daily driver. She's a tough old bird!
I just wasn't sure how the previous post was construed.
I think he misunderstood your post about the freight liner being a daily driver...he thought you may be saying your wife would not drive a drw..thatís what I took from the exchange You were talking about your wife would not like a freight liner or semi for a daily driver ..sorry for butting in
__________________
2020 Cougar 315 RLS
2020 Ram 3500 6.7HO 4.10 Dually Aisin
jasin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:44 PM   #77
jasin1
Senior Member
 
jasin1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Middle River
Posts: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Russ, I'm not sure how you took my post concerning the hauler, but DW drives our DRW every day, triple tows without complaint, always drove our 38' Fountain Lightening as fast as it would go (83), AND put it on the trailer every time. But she puts her foot down when it comes to a $150K hauler as a daily driver. She's a tough old bird!
I just wasn't sure how the previous post was construed.
Now that 38í fountain really interests me... just had a older 90ís scarab go by my house as itís around 80deg today. Made a lot of noise but would be lucky for him to see 65.. my boat burns 26 gph at cruise, around 22 knots

I wouldnít want to see your fuel burn at 83 mph...80 gallons an hour?
Sounds like a lot of fun though
__________________
2020 Cougar 315 RLS
2020 Ram 3500 6.7HO 4.10 Dually Aisin
jasin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:06 PM   #78
sourdough
Site Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: W. Texas
Posts: 11,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Now that 38í fountain really interests me... just had a older 90ís scarab go by my house as itís around 80deg today. Made a lot of noise but would be lucky for him to see 65.. my boat burns 26 gph at cruise, around 22 knots

I wouldnít want to see your fuel burn at 83 mph...80 gallons an hour?
Sounds like a lot of fun though

How do you fish for crappie in those things?? Now take my daddy's 1950 14' Lone Star and 10hp Johnson....THEN you can work your way into those things! It only has a 6 gal. tank so wouldn't go far with the go fast boats.
__________________
Danny & Susan wife of 53 years
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie CC SB 6.4 4x4 4.10
2020 Montana High Country 331RL
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:17 PM   #79
jasin1
Senior Member
 
jasin1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Middle River
Posts: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
How do you fish for crappie in those things?? Now take my daddy's 1950 14' Lone Star and 10hp Johnson....THEN you can work your way into those things! It only has a 6 gal. tank so wouldn't go far with the go fast boats.
Nothing wrong with that. I like havin a little rowboat. I’m kicking myself for selling the last little one I had because i got tired of moving it around the yard . Grew up at my grandparents and always had an old rowboat I took out all year round

My apologies for steering the thread into the water
__________________

__________________
2020 Cougar 315 RLS
2020 Ram 3500 6.7HO 4.10 Dually Aisin
jasin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RVģ is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×