Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2021, 04:03 PM   #1
Trouble

No water in Hot water tank

So 2019 Springdale 1800BH
Seems that I am not getting water into the hot water tank, connected to city water connections bleed all the lines of air both hot and cold then I turned on the hot water water tank I watched the propane light and was burning. After the flame went off I checked for hot water and none, checked the pressure valve and not water just air. every 10 minutes or so I will the relief valve and only air no water.

What am I missing??

I am new
Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:14 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
So 2019 Springdale 1800BH
Seems that I am not getting water into the hot water tank, connected to city water connections bleed all the lines of air both hot and cold then I turned on the hot water water tank I watched the propane light and was burning. After the flame went off I checked for hot water and none, checked the pressure valve and not water just air. every 10 minutes or so I will the relief valve and only air no water.

What am I missing??

I am new
Do a search from a few days ago for this post..either by title or member name
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1DF89750-36E2-4342-9E5D-B622E2FBCCD2.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	33106  
Old 04-21-2021, 04:22 PM   #3
Trouble

Yes I seen that one, calling it a night for now will have another run at it tomorrow
Old 04-21-2021, 08:50 PM   #4
bobbecky

If you have a water heater bypass valve, make sure it is turned off. With it turned on, you will not get water into the water heater tank, and definitely DO NOT turn on the electric mode on the water heater or you will burn out the element. You really should not even burn propane until you can see water coming out of your faucets in the trailer. You must also allow sufficient time for the water heater tank to fill up, this with at least one faucet open or water will not go into the tank if the air can not get out.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:50 AM   #5
Trouble

Well I guess I will start to take the bathroom apart first and see if I can find a bypass for the WH.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2021, 04:57 AM   #6
Javi

Quote:
Well I guess I will start to take the bathroom apart first and see if I can find a bypass for the WH.

Thanks
You don't have to take the bathroom apart to find the water heater bypass... see my pm
Old 04-22-2021, 05:11 AM   #7
skids

Quote:

Thanks
It will be very near the tank. It will either have:
1. one directional valve that you have to turn on the cold side with a check valve (one way valve) on the output side (“hot”).
2. three valves that are the on/off type. One on the inlet, one on the outlet, and one on the bypass hose section.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:30 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:

Thanks
Tearing the bathroom apart probably won't help you....

The water heater in your 1800BH is located in the roadside rear corner of the trailer. That is under the rear part of the lower bunk. I'd first take a flash light and inspect the back wall in the vanity (in the bathroom). You might find an access panel that connects with the rear of the water heater. Reach in that panel and you'll see the valve, located on the lower PEX tubing going into the water heater.

If there is no access panel on the back wall of the vanity, then remove the bunk mattress and inspect the extreme rear part of the bed platform. You'll likely find the access panel located there....

There IS an access panel in your trailer and there is NO REASON to start taking things apart... If you think about it, someone at the dealership, or a previous owner, has accessed that valve to winterize the trailer the past 2 or 3 winters, so it's not a situation where the factory "built it so it's impossible to get to the valve"....

Just look for the access panel, it's there somewhere.....

Here's a photo of the back of the water heater showing the valve that's "hard to see because it's way down under a lot of tubing"....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH BYPASS.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	33115   Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH BYPASS2.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	33116  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:08 AM   #9
skids

Curious John, where is the bypass hose? I see the valve at the cold inlet, but it looks like an on/off petcock valve.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:39 AM   #10
Trouble

Thanks everyone for the feedback,
I now have hot water flowing, I dont think the folks that had this TT ever really used it as everything appears to be unused,
With that being said, everyone provided me great directions with finding the bypass, which for me was accessed under the bathroom sink via a kick panel and two screws and was very hard to see as I looked at it for almost 10 minutes before I seen it, turned it an water starting flowing.

I have found another bug, so look for my next thread shortly and I hope you guys can help me again

Tags
tank, water