Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #1
skids

Flojet check valve failure

First time for using water pump - EVER. Pump was cycling on and off with no water running In faucets or toilet and hot tank full. I could hear water flowing through the pump and into the hose to the FW tank. I hooked-up city water and turned the power off to the pump and eventually water was flowing out of the overflow outside. Irritating. This unit has only had RV antifreeze in it as far as I know (bought it new). I checked into buying a check valve assembly for the pump and it was about $20.00 + shipping. A new pump is $61.00 if I just replace it. I may tear into the pump tomorrow to see if the diaphragms were not installed properly or if some debris is preventing proper operation. DAMN we are finally going camping on Monday...
Old 05-22-2020, 06:29 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Your Flojet water pump has a 2 year warranty. If you disassemble the pump, you'll void your warranty. While you won't get a replacement through Flojet "tomorrow", you might consider buying a new pump, filing the warranty claim on yours and when you get the replacement, you'll have a new one "for next time"... If your "good/bad fortune" is like mine, as long as you have a replacement on hand, you'll never need it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:52 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Your Flojet water pump has a 2 year warranty. If you disassemble the pump, you'll void your warranty. While you won't get a replacement through Flojet "tomorrow", you might consider buying a new pump, filing the warranty claim on yours and when you get the replacement, you'll have a new one "for next time"... If your "good/bad fortune" is like mine, as long as you have a replacement on hand, you'll never need it.
Or get a Shurflo pump and be done with it. We ran one for 2 weeks DRY in an attempt to kill it, and it kept working. We even sprayed brake cleaner into it.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:16 PM   #4
skids

Well, I didnt order a shurflow pump, I ordered an exact replacement except the new flojet will have a mini-strainer. I did that because the room in the pump cabinet is tight and plug and play is a nice thought. So, with the existing flojet I decided to take it apart to see what was wrong. There was a ton of white plastic chips that look like they were from a hole saw. I cleaned out the diaphragms and seats. I also removed the fresh water low point valve to clean it out and left it out during thorough tank rinsing. I felt pretty good about all of that and then tested the operation of the cleaned pump and tank... It started repeat cycling Again . Then I remembered that someone said they turned on all of the taps, showers, etc. and ran the pump to clear it out. It WORKED. Pump is working again. Life is good.