Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #21
Frank G

Thank God we are all different or we would all be in the same free, bug free, RV park somewhere on this planet with mountains on one side, beach on the other, desert on the right and prime wooded forest on the left. Approximately 7.14 Million people chose to winter in the state of Florida each year. Are they all making the wrong choice? Who knows. For us, Florida was an easy choice. For $12.33 a day, including all utilities, we can live in a great community. Check it out by clicking the link below. How many parks have a fire and rescue within the park? Average response time, under 3 minutes. Read over one of our weekly news papers published 4 months of the year. Everything works here, all of our activity buildings are air conditioned, it is amazing what you can do when you are resident owned, self governed, and debt free.

When members ask about spending time in the southeast during the winter months, I always suggest picking what you think you are looking for the first year, look around and ask a lot of questions. Every park/resort is different.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:39 AM   #22
hornet28

Frank I'm sure it's nice but it sounds like a timeshare and I've had enough of them
1917 T roadster 270 Hemi/4 spd
34' car trailer w/63" semi sleeper on the front
hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:13 AM   #23
Frank G

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet28 View Post
Frank I'm sure it's nice but it sounds like a timeshare and I've had enough of them
No, it is not a time share. After first year you need to purchase a share, last April they were going for $4,000.00, sellable at any time.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #24
hornet28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
No, it is not a time share. After first year you need to purchase a share, last April they were going for $4,000.00, sellable at any time.
Would I be correct in assuming there are maintenance fees to go along with it whether you use it or not?
Old 08-15-2019, 03:32 PM   #25
Frank G

Quote:
Would I be correct in assuming there are maintenance fees to go along with it whether you use it or not?
No maintenance fees! Maintenance cuts grass April through November. Give them 2 week notice and they will clean your lot before arrival. That leaves you with 3 or 4 cuttings December through March and they provide the mowers and gas.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:28 AM   #26
kksfish

For all my northerner friends..... I live in the Savannah area and yes there are gators here! Just don’t walk your pets near “water” including smaller campground ponds!
The phrase “tastes just like chicken”always pertains. Just last week in Hilton Head community a lady was severely bitten by a gator in her back yard. Generally they aren’t all that aggressive except when mating and we encounter them all year long while golfing, boating in coastal waters and rivers just use common sense!
Old 08-16-2019, 08:16 AM   #27
CWtheMan

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. We decided today to go back to Sedona Az area as we haven't been there since 15. We miss all the hiking in the Red Rock country Will be staying at Distant Drums in Camp Verde
Over the years we have traveled extensively in and around AZ and spent a few weeks at Camp Verdi. We stayed at the Rancho Verdi RV Park. It’s a little off the main road, family managed and clean.

We highly recommend the Verdi Canyon Train. If you do go on the train ride, go 1st class.

https://ranchoverdervpark.com/
https://verdecanyonrr.com/
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #28
hornet28

CW, we've done the Verde Canyon train ride and copter and hot air balloon rides over the red rock country plus miles and miles and miles of trails. But no Pink Jeep rides and don't intend too. Distant Drums park is the next exit north of where you get off for Rancho Verdi
Old 08-18-2019, 07:41 AM   #29
Mad Cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kksfish View Post
For all my northerner friends..... I live in the Savannah area and yes there are gators here! Just don’t walk your pets near “water” including smaller campground ponds!
The phrase “tastes just like chicken”always pertains. Just last week in Hilton Head community a lady was severely bitten by a gator in her back yard. Generally they aren’t all that aggressive except when mating and we encounter them all year long while golfing, boating in coastal waters and rivers just use common sense!
I can attest to that. Did two years at Ft. Stewart, GA in the later 70's. I came across many gators. And some of the biggest diamondback rattlers I have ever seen. Cottonmouths pretty frequent also. One really needs to stay aware as they walk around near water and wooded areas. After a couple of adventures form there to Eglin AFB, FL, it was really brought home to keep aware of one's surroundings.

I am contemplating the snowbird thing as well, but I am looking at a roving deal... spending a couple weeks at a time at different locations across the south. And in that endeavor, primarily using the military base campground facilities. Not quite as elaborate as the general RV resort stuff, but very cost effective and some are at very good locations on the Gulf Coast.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:48 AM   #30
Tatanka Ob Waci

We go south from September to May. We've found we like certain areas of Arizona and Texas. We've also found the longer you stay, the cheaper the price. Two years ago, we stayed in Navarre Florida and liked it a lot, however, it's a long ways from South Dakota so that's why we go to Arizona and Texas. We are also motorcyclist and find the riding is better in the areas we stay. Take heed to what people are saying about gators. I lived most of my life in Florida and I can tell you from experience they can be really aggressive during mating season. When we first started, we booked several different parks to find what we liked and the amenities we wanted. This worked good for us. We also found that one needs to book a year ahead in some parks as they are very popular. Hope this helps.
Tatanka Ob Waci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:54 AM   #31
Papa Don

Biloxi

Spent 4 weeks at Gulf Beach RV resort feb-mar this year. Though it’s a lot of asphalt basically , it’s pretty new and the beach was right there. 90 is busy but you could cross to the beach as stop lights vary the flow. Everyone very friendly and lots of stuff to do and good eats.
Papa Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #32
Local150

I stay in a lovely resort about 17 miles west of Daytona. Very nice clean park. They have rooms to rent and a nice little camping area. Price is great, 315 a month, includes water,, sewer, cable, wifi, and electric. They read electric meter when you get there and again when you leave. Very clean, beautiful pool, laundry,etc. Very very friendly and helpful people
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:39 PM   #33
Customer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local150 View Post
I stay in a lovely resort about 17 miles west of Daytona. Very nice clean park. They have rooms to rent and a nice little camping area. Price is great, 315 a month, includes water,, sewer, cable, wifi, and electric. They read electric meter when you get there and again when you leave. Very clean, beautiful pool, laundry,etc. Very very friendly and helpful people
Willing to share the name?
Old 08-18-2019, 05:52 PM   #34
Local150

Quote:
Sorry, its 385 per month. Still cheap
Old 08-18-2019, 05:54 PM   #35
Local150

Quote:
Sorry, its 385 per month. Still cheap
Riviera Resort & Marina
Old 08-19-2019, 02:19 PM   #36
RudiH

South Florida is one of the best places to go in the winter. The weather is usually perfect. However, you will find it difficult to find a place to park your rig. In the last few years people have been coming in droves. We came down in 2006, and bought a place with a Florida room in 2007. We’ve been spending our winters there ever since. If you stay there for any length of time, you WILL buy. I highly recommend Florida. Start looking now.
RudiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 05:19 PM   #37
Customer1

Quote:
Riviera Resort & Marina
Thanks, I'm looking at it. We have reservations for this winter but are always looking for next year. We are very familiar with the general area.