Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
PiGraf

Outdoor Speakers Inop

Hey All,

On our 2015 Laredo 5th wheel, we cannot get our outdoor speakers to work. They worked 1 time and never since. I tried swapping speakers with new one and still a no go. Could there be another switch on the control panel (lighting/slide control panel)? There are two non labeled switches on the panel.

Tim
PiGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:54 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Yes there should be switches on the control panel that control the different combinations of speakers. On my Raptor think there are three rocker switches that control which speakers are on or off. I would assume you at least have one to turn the outside speakers on or off. Another thing to consider is to check the fadder and balance settings on your radio. These radios and speaker configurations are all different
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:23 AM   #3
canesfan

They did away with the separate speaker switches altogether on mine. The inside/garage/outside are controlled with the balance and fader controls. Took a bit of playing with it to figure it all out. So it depends on what type of system is in yours. Mine has a Sony automotive style head unit. But if you have two non labeled switches I would definitely try them and see what they do.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:34 AM   #4
Javi

I thought for a minute that you might have purchased my last trailer... one of the first things I do upon buying a trailer is to disconnect the outdoor speakers... I see no reason to subject everyone in the campground to my choice of music....
Old 04-30-2017, 09:39 AM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
They did away with the separate speaker switches altogether on mine. The inside/garage/outside are controlled with the balance and fader controls. Took a bit of playing with it to figure it all out. So it depends on what type of system is in yours. Mine has a Sony automotive style head unit. But if you have two non labeled switches I would definitely try them and see what they do.
Just have to ask, Are you really sure you have a Raptor Two non labeled switches

Probably something to do with that Remote you really miss OR wish you had ...
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:53 AM   #6
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Just have to ask, Are you really sure you have a Raptor Two non labeled switches

Probably something to do with that Remote you really miss OR wish you had ...
No non labeled switches here. That was the OP. I do have some labeled non switches though. I think they say "speakers".
Old 04-30-2017, 05:47 PM   #7
Olsen29

What radio do you have? I have the iRv 6500 and that has A B C speakers. Mine are C for the outside.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Olsen29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speakers