Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #41
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
Yeah, really. You might, if you can't find something close, have to go through your dealer and get them from Keystone. I'm sure that would be cheap. Good luck. If you need anything else, feel free to ask.
It's stored across the street from our camper world, I tried calling them for help but they said they would call back so I'm not holding my breath.

My storage had four campers get broke into the first night and the only other nearby storage had three get broke into the same night. The next night they came back and broke into three more.

I've thought about storing it on Ft Bragg but it's about an hour drive, right now it's 10 minutes down the road.

Yeah I live next the biggest Army base (personnel wise) in the entire Army, it's not the greatest area but I'm around paratroopers so It's home.

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:07 AM   #42
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
The way my Bedroom tv mount works is when its locked shut It's flush with the front of the dresser, when you unlock it it pulls into the bedroom closer to the bed. The pictures of your mount looks like your TV sits flush back against the wall in the bedroom cubby hole.
That is correct. And it doesn't lock. It uses a bungee cord to hold it there just like the living room.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:14 AM   #43
canesfan

Camping World has to have lots of security cameras. I'd go in and talk to a manager. Probably need the police help though. It's a shame this has become such a big issue the last few years. Before with the big, old, clunky TVs it didn't seem to be as much of a problem. I keep mine in my back yard and I still worry about it. Ft Bragg would definitely by on my radar after this.

I know the area, or about the area. I go down to Raleigh for the Hurricanes games and know some people who live down there from that. Fayetteville seems to have many nicknames, none very flattering. Not sure about the outskirts where you are though. But seeing your background you should be prepared.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #44
canesfan

Looking at the link you posted for Trekwood, I would not pay $132. That's insane. Look around on Amazon and find something that will work for $30. Just my
Old 03-24-2017, 01:06 PM   #45
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
Looking at the link you posted for Trekwood, I would not pay $132. That's insane. Look around on Amazon and find something that will work for $30. Just my
I just need to provide links to my insurance company, I'm not paying for anything.

As far as the cameras at camper world, they already arrested one of the guys trying to pawn a few of the other TV's so he's back behind bars. The detective said he was just released two weeks earlier.

None of my stuff has been recovered so they think it was multiple people and they divided up what they wanted and went their own ways to make money off what they stole.

Retired Army, 22yrs
Old 03-30-2017, 01:50 PM   #46
suddensam

I couldn't find any detail to indicate a brand on the TV mounts but here are a few pictures of how the living room and bedroom TV's are mounted in mine.

Both the living area and bedroom TVs appear to be mounted with the same mount. The one in the bedroom has a false wall installed in the cabinet the the TV is mounted to.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:57 AM   #47
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddensam View Post
I couldn't find any detail to indicate a brand on the TV mounts but here are a few pictures of how the living room and bedroom TV's are mounted in mine.

Both the living area and bedroom TVs appear to be mounted with the same mount. The one in the bedroom has a false wall installed in the cabinet the the TV is mounted to.

I didn't realize there was a board like that in the bedroom cubby, that would explain why there are so many mount holes on my right side wall. So now I know they ripped the entire support wall that the mount was secured to out of the cubby.

Thanks for the pics, I can show my repair guy and it looks like any rear Tv mount will work after he put that support back in.

Looks like I have my list finished with all the info everyone posted, all the help is really appreciated. I'm so ready to get our rig back together before our first trip to Tn in a couple months!

Retired Army, 22yrs
Old 05-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #48
hdrolling

Just to update I finally received both mounts that I ordered from trekwood. They had three listed, but after I tried ordering one (32") they sent me an email cancelling my order saying it was no longer being made. They removed the listing from their website, so I ordered the 40" mount.

Both mounts have the correct bracket that connect to the wall and the arm is correct, but both plates that attach to the TV will need to be modified I think.

The big one for my 48" has a 400x400 plate, I'll have to open the box for the 50" TV i bought but I don't think it will need a plate that big. I can easily just drill new mounting holes, at least its too big and not too small!

The second has the smaller mounting plate but there is an additional lip on the bottom to help stabilize a SONY 32" TV.

I don't think my 32" Samsung can use that so I might just have to cut off the extra lip, still an easy fix. Just waiting on my two new doors and I'll be ready to mount the new TV's!

Retired Army, 22yrs
Old 05-17-2017, 05:22 AM   #49
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Thanks for the Update, hope you get your doors soon and you can get out!!
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:43 AM   #50
hdrolling

Yeah the doors are both suppose to be here already, keystone sent the package with two doors listed in the contents and when camper world opened it there was just one. Keystone said they would have the second one here this week so we'll see.

Also trying to get the front decal replaced, faded and cracked. Keystone said the warranty is expired but the brochure has a standard option of the 2015's as "New Upgraded Graphics Package with 5 Year Warranty", not sure how a two year old camper would be expired on a five year decal warranty?

Retired Army, 22yrs
Old 05-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #51
hdrolling

Another update, messed around with the new 50 inch TV today. I guess it was lucky the mount I ordered was 400x400 because that is what the new TV needed.

It's on the wall and now I'm working on getting the sound bar to fit underneath it. Still debating if I need the soundbar, but if I grind the two little nobs off the bottom of the bar it will sit lower allowing the TV to move over it.

The only downside would be that the top of the TV would rub on the upper shelf a very little bit when swinging the TV out towards the couch, and then the same when I secured it for towing. I'm thinking the three times a year the TV gets re-positioned won't do any damage as long as I move it out slowly and carefully.

I'll get some pic's posted later if anyone else is ever wanting to try to install a larger TV than the 48" 1080p that came with the camper.

Now that I have the 50" 4K installed I realized that nothing in the camper uses 4K, I guess I could bring my XBOX ONE S and then I could stream 4K shows through Netfix if I'm somewhere that has fast enough internet to stream shows?

Retired Army, 22yrs