Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #1
mcsearch1

Passport Bedroom TV/DVD Player Mount

Since joining the forum, I have seen a few questions regarding the mounting of TVs in bedrooms. There's not a lot to work with in the way of solid stuff behind the walls and room in general around the bed. Here is the solution I came up with after a few internet searches. The TV mount is pretty straight forward. I got a Sanus articulating mount for a 13" to 27" flatscreen at Best Buy. It fit great. The challenge came in mounting the blu ray player. I started with a wall mount glass component shelf, also by Sanus. No dice. Not enough solid stuff left after mounting the TV and it would have made moving around the bed a real pain. After scouring the web, I found a site called StandsandMounts.com where I purchased a Crimson Component Mount for an articulating TV mount. This actually mounts to the back of the TV sandwiched between the TV and the wall mount plate. It was originally designed to place the dvd under the TV, but I couldn't make that work due to the cable connection points on the back of the TV. I cut about 5 inches off the dvd mounting plate and flipped it so the dvd was above the TV. It worked great. I have a secure and decent looking mount that doesn't block access to that side of the bed. Both mounts together cost about $130.00. Below is a picture of the finished installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141018_145421.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	7305  
mcsearch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #2
outwest

Thanks! Was looking for something like that awhile back for bedroom tv and gave up.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
denverpilot

Nice hack.