Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2014, 02:06 AM   #1
buckeyebobhockingcamper

jt strongarm nstallation on 2014 montana hig country 343rl

help!has anybody installed jt strongarm stabilizer bars on 343rl or similer?i have rear electric one piece jacks and also wondered if they used existing brackets on front of unit?any advice would be helpful ,thanks buckeyebob
buckeyebobhockingcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:28 AM   #2
Harold Pittman

JT Strongarm Install

I have the same model trailer that you have and I had the dealer install my JT Strongarms. They did not install the rear bars and told me they could not install them with the electric jacks. I just use the front JT's along with BAL Wheel Locks between the tires and our trailer is very stable.
Harold Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:35 AM   #3
Quad

My Laredo came with dealer installed JT's in the front and nothing in the rear. I offen wondered why it didn't have the rears. Now I have a clue of the reason. But I am confused at what difference electric rears make lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2014, 04:50 AM   #4
pjhansman

I'm planning to put a set on my Laredo this summer, and I found this link......

http://www.happijac.com/~happicja/im...stall_2009.pdf

Shows the rear Strongarm installation.....for a couple jack types anyway
MOR/ryde Wet Bolt Kit, TST 507 TPMS, 1000w PSW Inverter, JT's Strongarm Stabilizers, and the list goes on....
Yamaha EF3000iSE/B Inverter Generator
pjhansman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:36 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

I installed the BAL Lockarm Kit on my fifth wheel. Essentially, it and the JT Strongarms are very much identical. As for the rear two bars, they attach to the center of the trailer frame slightly behind the jacks and angulate from the base of the jacks to the trailer frame.

There isn't any significant difference in the electric jacks and in the manual jacks (except how they are extended). The important thing to remember is that you need a good sturdy attachment point for the trailer end of the bars. I mounted mine to the trailer hitch that was welded onto our fifth wheel. Had it not been there, I would have bolted a piece of 3"x1" angle stock about 12" long in the location and mounted the bars to that angle stock.

The stabilizer jack "ground end pad" is the same on the electric scissors jacks that I've seen, so mounting that would be the same as the manual jacks.

I can post pictures of my installation of the BAL system if it would help, but essentially the Strongarm or BAL system is attached the same way to either scissors jack ground plate.

Good Luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #6
buckeyebobhockingcamper

update!i installed rear bars also ,works fine
buckeyebobhockingcamper is offline   Reply With Quote