Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2019, 10:22 AM   #21
Simsbud

If they weren’t closed wouldn’t water be coming out of where you hook your shower head up too?
Simsbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:29 AM   #22
chuckster57
Site Team

If you have the "quick connect" type of shower then it wont flow until the hose is inserted like the outside BBQ LP connection. I have a regular faucet type so its different than what he is describing. With the quick connect style the cold and hot water can mix behind the connection.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:40 AM   #23
Simsbud

I’ll check it
Old 12-29-2019, 11:32 AM   #24
CFS

Hot water heater issue

Do you have a shutoff button on your shower head? I never run the water constantly when showering or doing dishes and haven't ran out of hot water yet. If I need a long shower I'll use the campground shower. I have a 2014 Passport with 6 gallon heater. Is your electric side working or have you checked individually? Good luck!
CFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:28 PM   #25
Texas Steve

Are you using the water continuously or are you using the on / off switch on the shower head? If continuous, 6 gallons will be gone very quick
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:07 PM   #26
Simsbud

I understand the whole small water heater not lasting long ect this is our second camper, what I’m getting at is it’s slowly getting colder quicker, it gets hot real hot, will burn ya if your not careful and it’s almost you blink and it’s gone, we have two young kids we could bath both of them at the same time, about a ten minute ordeal now we’re lucky to get one done before there is no more warm water
Old 12-29-2019, 02:50 PM   #27
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

A long shot, but what have you got to lose? Remove the anode to drain the tank. Rinse out the tank with with a WH rinser to make sure there is not n excess of sediment in it.

Stranger things have happened.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:24 PM   #28
flybouy
Site Team

I wouldn't suspect sediment with a 1 yr old camper but rinsing out the tank is always a good idea. Can you correlate anything with the issue? Any valves on the hot water tank been turned? Any water line kinks around the hot water heater?

Does the hot water flow the same as the cold water from the faucets ?
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:45 PM   #29
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
A long shot, but what have you got to lose? Remove the anode to drain the tank. Rinse out the tank with with a WH rinser to make sure there is not n excess of sediment in it.
The symptoms sure do sound like low volume of water in the heater -- extra hot to start but runs out fast...
Old 12-29-2019, 06:29 PM   #30
terrythetech

The outside shower WILL mix cold and hot. Even if the hose is not connected. It has a valve that closes off when the hose is disconnected. Just make sure they are both closed. You should be able to turn on the faucets there without any water running out as long as the hose is not connected. Then just make sure they are closed.
terrythetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:39 PM   #31
Gunny Mike

We had the same problem and found out after our phone call to our dealer is that the unit was winterized and the two valves were in the off position. You can access these valves through the closet on the left side but you have to take out 6 or wood screws on the carpeted plywood. We didn't put the screws back in as it would be a pain to play with each fall and spring. Hoping in the spring we don't have that issue all over again.
Gunny Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:31 AM   #32
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny Mike View Post
We had the same problem and found out after our phone call to our dealer is that the unit was winterized and the two valves were in the off position.
I can't follow this. I would think that if that were the case, you wouldn't get any hot water at all, plus you would have burned out your (empty) water heater.

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater