Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
Mike1954

Light still on

Cougar 5th wheel 28SGS. Light above the tow mirror stays on all the time? How do i turn it off? Only spent one night in it and don’t want the battery to drain down. Thanks for your help.
PullRite Superlite #2600 20k
Mike1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 08:03 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Do you have a remote for it? If so try turning it off with it. If the lights on mine are turned on with the remote you have to use it to turn them off.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 07:21 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

On my 2014 27RKS (pre In Command) with a 5 function remote, there is a "awkward way to turn it on/off" with the remote. There is also a switch on the curb side under the overhang. The landing gear switch is on the road side, the light switch is on the curb side.

As stated, if the light was turned on with the remote, the switch is "inoperative" until the remote is used to turn the light off.... Alternatively, you can disconnect the trailer battery, let it sit "with no power" (shore power or battery power) overnight, then reconnect everything and "hope" that the remote "brain" reset to deactivate the remote switch condition...

The "one switch activation" which removes the manual switch while the remote is in operation is a safety feature built into the remote control device. The reason is not to protect the light, but rather was programmed into the system to prevent someone from using the remote to open the slide and someone accidentally pressing the "CLOSE" button on the control panel. That could damage the slide motor. Same with the awning. With the older remotes, there wasn't enough "electronics capacity" to program one function with the safety and other functions without it, so everything using the remote will deactivate the manual switches for that function until the operation is complete and the system is reset to normal condition.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 07:21 AM   #4
DDG

I have Cougar 28rks and have the same light. If you don't have a remote, I think it's a touch light. Merry Christmas to all. DDG
DDG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light