Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2019, 03:59 PM   #1
Gbarns12

2020 Cougar front window

Hey all, I am new to the forum and have a question concerning Keystone's new front privacy widow. Has anyone else had any type of water build up in the bottom well? We have about a cup or more of water in the morning, presumably from condensation. Is there supposed to be a weep hole or something to drain the accumulated water?
Gbarns12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:30 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

I think not many will have any idea how to help as I don't picture your window at all. Take a pic and post it and maybe one of the smarter folks can give your issue an answer.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:47 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I can't address the window weep ports and whether there should or should not be any on that window. Some "non-opening windows are sealed units without any means to drain condensation, others do have weep ports.

That said, if you're getting a cup of condensation overnight on a 30"x42" window, there's WAAAAAY too much humidity inside your trailer. Typically all the windows combined shouldn't produce that much condensation.

I'd first suggest that you look for ways to reduce the humidity inside your trailer. Start by always using the roof vent/fan when showering, all cooking should include running the range exhaust fan, cross ventilation from a roof vent on one end of the trailer with an open window on the other end is also a "necessity for most situations".

While reducing condensation isn't the answer to "Should my window have weep ports to drain condensation?" That you'll need to ask your dealership and compare similar trailers to see if those have weep ports. In the meantime, reduce humidity in your trailer, it's way too high …..

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:42 AM   #4
Gbarns12

Thanks, we will work on reducing humidity in trailer until we get back to our dealership in NJ. Meantime, we we enjoy the weather and beach in Myrtle Beach.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:46 PM   #5
Tbos

We have a small Peltier dehumidifier we run in the bedroom where our front window is. We have not had an issue with humidity on that window.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:10 AM   #6
Gbarns12

Thanks for the info, I will definitely look into that option.

Tags
cougar