Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2018, 02:20 AM   #21
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo4u View Post
Jonas, here are a couple of options. Have you considered having a fabricator modify your trailer frame and install a receiver style hitch to the front, so you can tow the trailer with a conventional attachment, then when you're at your trail, swap it out for the pintle style? This way you could just use a combo ball/pintle hitch on your TV, and only need to swap the stinger on the trailer from a regular hitch to a pintle ring.

Another option I discovered (while looking at one of the other options referenced above), is aMcHitch, from Australia. It looks kinds cool and like it might serve all of your needs https://www.mchitch.com.au and they ship worldwide. Video link:
I've seen several videos of off road rvs. These purpose built campers are designed to go off-roading. Note the unit in the video doesn't have a typical tongue jack, nor any propane tanks on the frame. What it does have is a beefed up frame, suspension , skid plates, etc. I don't know of any non-purpose built unit that would survive the stress placed upon it by off-roading on any surface rougher than a graded dirt or gravel road. JMHO.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:28 AM   #22
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Jonas, if you're doing that kind of camping...WOW. That's some serious kind of crazy camping in the extreme. Looks like a ton of fun and quite the adventure. I for one now understand what you're end game is. Before...Not so much.

This is a WAG, so take it for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure they may not be more a handful of people on here with similar experiences. Thanks for opening my eyes to something new.

Alright, who's ready to go camping?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:48 AM   #23
Hodgy

That video was good. That is a completely different group of people who would even think of dragging a trailer through that. I would want my dirt bike for taking that trail.

2016 Bullet 1800RB, UVW 3260, led by a 2005 Chev Silverado Z-71 1500, Crew Cab, 5.3L, 4WD, Tow & Off Road Package with 4.10 Rear Axle, GVR 7000 lbs, Front GWAR 3925 lbs & Rear GWAR 4000 lbs., Payload 1600 lbs., Hellwig 6012 Air Bags. 97' Honda Goldwing GL1500.
Home Base is the Alberta Foothills at 4300 ' ASL.
Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #24
goducks

OP, with your TT you don't need a WDH. Some type of articulating hitch is the ticket.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, hitch