Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2018, 07:37 AM   #1
mskeyspirate

New Product Question

Everytime we camp, I see campers of every year, price, and color that are just plain pitiful looking do to faded caps, stickers, decals and such. So I just purchased a product from McKees 37 that is made to prevent, and partially restore camper decals and stickers. I'm leary, but have used their products to help restore finishes on my cars and truck with good success. Since the camper is not accessible for another month or so, ( in winter storage) I am not able to give an accurate review. How bout any of you ? Ever used this product ? What here the results ? It also says that it keeps decals from drying out and cracking as it contains UV protection.
mskeyspirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:43 AM   #2
66joej

I believe 303 Protectant does the same thing and it does work.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:47 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Never used it, but I can assure you that if the decals, paint and finish are currently faded, cracked, eroded and in poor condition, nothing short of replacing them and/or repainting will return the finish to "like new".... You can't apply a "magic elixir" to cracked, faded decals and expect them to look "like new".... This product, like products from Meguiar's, NuFinish, Dupont, Turtle Wax and a host of other companies will help "slow down or stop" UV damage, but once it's done, I've never found anything that will "restore vinyl or painted surfaces"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:07 AM   #4
66joej

In reference to the 303. It does NOT restore but protects as it has no petroleum distilates and will not soften adhesives on decals.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:49 PM   #5
Eastham

Where can I find 303 ?Is that the complete name of it?Thanks for the information.
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #6
Freeheel4life

https://www.amazon.com/303-30306-Pro.../dp/B000XBCURW

This is the 303 we use at our boat shop. There's a couple different versions. 303 aerospace protectant in a Google search will yield lots of results. You can probably find it at any decent auto parts store or Wal-Mart as well. We always apply it after we use a cleaner on vinyl seats.
Would certainly say that it helps condition the vinyl and keeps it soft and supple instead of drying out and cracking/becoming brittle in high UV exposure so imagine it would help keep decals in shape.
Would say using after cleaning your camper would definitely be a good idea. Avoid getting overspray on glass as it will smear like crazy.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #7
mskeyspirate

Yeah...I'm not to the point where my decals are showing any signs of fade, or damage. I'm more of a "preventitive" type of guy. You're all right, once they begin to show damage, there is no bringing them back. So I guess that it's safe to say that no one has used the product that I mentioned ? Was kind of looking for a short review on that particular product ! But thanks for the input.
mskeyspirate is offline   Reply With Quote