Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
busterbrown

Winegard Sensar Pro

I searched the site for reviews on the Sensar Pro. With a busy upcoming camping season, would like to improve the process of directionally setting the batwing antenna. Anyone install one and does it help in locating the strongest signals? I already installed the Wingman addon and it helped bring in more UHF channels. A couple of android apps have helped too. Would like more of a precise indicator of signal strength.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:16 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

I installed mine a few years ago. I would like to say that it works but my problem is that the antenna crank is in the bedroom and the booster is in the livingroom. Turning the crank and then running down the stairs to see if there is a change and running back up to adjust again and again does not make sense for these weary old bones. I use a compass and a tv signal locating app and get it close enough. .... It looks impressive but you loose the 12v outlet.

hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:38 PM   #3
buzzcop63

We added the Wingman to increase signal strength. Next I installed the Winegard Sensarpro TV Signal Meter, which replaced the standard power supply and acts as a signal strength indicator, adjustable amplifier and wall plate power supply, it added specific search modes, eliminating guesswork. Also found a foam rubber clock, like the one you might use to train your kids how to tell time. I cut out the center with the hands and placed it over the ceiling crank so that once stations are found you can mark down their location then when you wish to change the direction of the antenna for a specific station or group of stations you know exactly where to turn the crank to align the antenna. Also the following web sights will allow you to put in the zip code of the location you are going to camp at and it will show the RF number and stations that can be viewed by your antenna and the strength of their signal and location to give you a better chance of locking on. And last I found that once the Sensarpro TV Signal Meter locates the most stations I let the TV search and lock in those stations, the TV seems to pull in more then I get by just selecting the channel. Be aware that not all stations are the common ones you are used to, many have an RF number like 45 and will represent channel 12 or Fox on the signal meter. Also you can set the Sensarpro to beep as it finds stations and will increase the beep to show its strength so you do not have to run from one room to another to see the strength or have your significant other read off the strength. The meter has been a great help to us we camp in county and state parks, which are not always close to transmitters.
http://antennaweb.org/Address.aspx
https://www.tvfool.com/modeling/