Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2016, 05:16 AM   #1
Chippewa93

Remote on tongue jacks

How key is having a remote on the tongue jack? Or is it just fluff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chippewa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:32 AM   #2
Homer & Marge

??

Have 8500# Keystone Vantage and can think of no reason to have one. Why don't they come with a lockout switch so no one can tamper with your jack while you are away and your landing gear is down? Have had problems with curious children - vandals.
Homer & Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:37 AM   #3
GaryWT

I have never seen a remote for a TT jack but I have seen them for landing gear on FW. I guess on a TT the only use would be when leveling, I have the level in on the floor and it would let you stay at the level and raise and lower as needed. Other than that you are always standing at the jack when it is being operated. I have never had an issue with anyone touching my trailer or jacks at a campground.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #4
Ductape

I have seen people discuss the convenience of the remote, along with a back up camera, to hitch up to their trailer. The remote apparently lets them lower the coupler down over the ball before they even get out of the driver's seat. That being said, I just recently purchased and installed a Husky Brute 4500on my Bullet. I did not get one with a remote..... mostly because I figured it was fluff (that I would just misplace anyway).
Ductape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:25 AM   #5
BlueThunder34

I have the Husky 4500 w remote on our Cougar and meh, I could go either way with it. It's kind of nice to have when hitching and unhitching as well as leveling front to back being able to back up from the tounge to get a better view. Definitely not essential though, I got it on sale for the same price it would have been without otherwise I wouldn't spend more for it.

2016 Cougar 28RBSWE
BlueThunder34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:37 AM   #6
Mike484

I dont know why anyone would use a level inside on the floor to level thier trailer, sounds like way too much work. Maybe do it the first time, then when its level, install some stick on levels on the outside. Just my opinion.

I used a hand held level until I got tired of it, installed the stick ons and it (one on the front just above the jack and one on the side up near the front) makes it so much easier. After all, how exact do you really need to be?

2016 Passport 2890RL
2007 GMC Sierra 1500
Reese 26000 Weight Distribution and Sway Control
Champion 2800/3100 Inverter Generator

American Ranger Auto Gyro
Mike484 is offline   Reply With Quote