Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
glc

Manual Over rides Cougar 333MKS

I see that someone on the forum has a Cougar 333MKS. I just bought one and during the orientation at the dealer I asked about the 2 cranks stored in the cargo area. The guy told me he didn't know what they were for and the guy who did was not there. Anyway I am assuming they are for the pop-outs and leveling jacks. I have gone over the unit (and yes the manual) and can't figure out where you put them to work. The best I can tell is on the pop-outs I have the electric through the frame type except for the bedroom not sure what kind they are. I have 4 leveling jacks with electric motors. I have been going to go back to the dealer but haven't done so yet as it is 130 miles round trip. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
glc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #2
Javi

No cranks and no place to use them on my '15 333MKS the leveling jacks use a 1/4" socket and the slides use a 3/4" socket
Old 02-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

A crank is supplied to raise and lower the spare tire on rigs having the spare tire stored under the rig. Access point on mine is the rear steps.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
glc

Thanks to the 2 people who responded so far.
My spare tire is a bumper mount so I guess that's not it. Thanks anyway
Next if you use sockets where do you use them? I can maybe see using them on the front levelers they are in the front compartment. The back levelers and the slides are under the underbelly covers Do you have to cut the underbelly cover to access them? Thanks my 333 is a 2014 if that helps.
glc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:29 PM   #5
yolo2rv

At the very back of the trailer should be 2 scissor jacks with a long threaded bolt running through it. One of those cranks should fit the head of that bolt to raise and lower the jacks. My 2013 333mks has them. I use a drill with socket to raise and lower mine. Hope that helps.
yolo2rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:46 PM   #6
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by glc View Post
Thanks to the 2 people who responded so far.
My spare tire is a bumper mount so I guess that's not it. Thanks anyway
Next if you use sockets where do you use them? I can maybe see using them on the front levelers they are in the front compartment. The back levelers and the slides are under the underbelly covers Do you have to cut the underbelly cover to access them? Thanks my 333 is a 2014 if that helps.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:21 PM   #7
b.d.keathley

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by glc View Post
I see that someone on the forum has a Cougar 333MKS. I just bought one and during the orientation at the dealer I asked about the 2 cranks stored in the cargo area. The guy told me he didn't know what they were for and the guy who did was not there. Anyway I am assuming they are for the pop-outs and leveling jacks. I have gone over the unit (and yes the manual) and can't figure out where you put them to work. The best I can tell is on the pop-outs I have the electric through the frame type except for the bedroom not sure what kind they are. I have 4 leveling jacks with electric motors. I have been going to go back to the dealer but haven't done so yet as it is 130 miles round trip. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
On my 2013 I only have two front (electric jacks) and two rear (scissor jacks). I also have two cranks one gold and one silver. Don't remember which is which but one is for the rear scissor jacks as Javi said which I use a 18v Rigid impact drill on those cuz it has more power to lift the jacks when they get tight. The other crank that has a long skinny orifice with a key shape goes on the driver side where the propane tank is. Somewhere around the top of the propane tank you'll see where it goes, its behind the tank. That lowers and raises the front (electric jacks) in the event your battery is dead.
2013 Keyston Cougar 333MKS
2 15K BTU AC's
b.d.keathley is offline   Reply With Quote