Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
RunJay

Adding ladder to a bullet 291rls 2021

Hello,
I want to add a ladder to my new tt. Bullet 261rls 2021. It has stickers stating walkable roof and built in support. Which ladder will work and has anyone done it?

Thx
J
RunJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #2
dfeyen

Did you ever find a solution for your ladder question? I have the same scenario with my 2021 243BHS.
dfeyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

I don't have a bumper pull and have a lot of unused room up in my forward storage under the pin box so maybe not helpful but I would avoid tacking a ladder onto the back of my camper even if there are stickers indicating you can do this. I would purchase a telescoping extension ladder (probably 12.5'). as they are far sturdier and secure than using the one I have on my camper. I store mine in that forward compartment.

https://www.amazon.com/Telescoping-E...4507641&sr=8-6

You can purchase a Stromberg Carlson ladder and screw it onto your camper if you want this type. They are pretty much like the OEM. Problem is, the attachment points are not very numerous and you may not be hitting something solid every time you put one the screws in. In addition, you will be making more penetration; especially on the roof. It can be done but you will have to make sure everything is sealed properly. Note the directions say all the screws must be fastened to the camper's sub frame or backing. I don't think a penetration into filon would be ideal if you didn't hit the frame when attaching fasteners.

https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car...4507762&sr=8-5
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:59 AM   #4
QCMan
Gone Traveling

All this talk about how useless built on ladders are. They are actually very useful. They can be used to mount a flagpole and more important, they are the best place to transport a portable waste tank!
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:20 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCMan View Post
All this talk about how useless built on ladders are. They are actually very useful. They can be used to mount a flagpole and more important, they are the best place to transport a portable waste tank!
I've never seen a RV ladder owner's manual that approves of attaching anything to the ladder during travel. In every manual I've seen is a warning similar to this one:

If your RV is equipped with a
roof ladder, do not leave items
attached to it while traveling.
The ladder has a weight limit of
300# when using it to access
the roof. DO NOT exceed this
weight limit.

While many people do it, that doesn't mean it's appropriate.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #6
BrooksFam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunJay View Post
Hello,
I want to add a ladder to my new tt. Bullet 261rls 2021. It has stickers stating walkable roof and built in support. Which ladder will work and has anyone done it?

Thx
J
I would like to add one to our 291RLS also. I have had them on our motorhomes and found them to be very useful. I also do not exceed the weight limit...……..

The dealer gave me a PN for one but it cost more to ship it than the ladder is worth. Can't find the PN now
EAZ-Lift Recurve R3 #1200

BrooksFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:23 AM   #7
QCMan
Gone Traveling

I do not believe that a 20 to 30 pound tote tank would overload a ladder with a theoretical 300 pound limit. The ladder on my unit is factory rated for 250 pounds but the attachment points are probably rated closer to 100 pounds. Either way, I am probably safe with 20 to 30 pounds securely attached to it. One day I will test the shear strength of the single screw holding either side of the steps.
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, ladder