Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2020, 05:28 AM   #41
SilverRig

After reading through all the replies I am surprised that no one mentioned a beer can placed on the floor. You can spin it in the direction you want to check. If it dosen't roll your done. Grab the beer and continue setting up camp.
SilverRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:05 AM   #42
Northofu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRig View Post
After reading through all the replies I am surprised that no one mentioned a beer can placed on the floor. You can spin it in the direction you want to check. If it dosen't roll your done. Grab the beer and continue setting up camp.
OKAY! This is my new method for trailer leveling.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:08 AM   #43
Bolo4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
Are we talking about leveling a trailer or pouring a concrete slab?

Leveling a trailer on a (probably) unlevel concrete slab... [emoji2957]
Bolo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:45 PM   #44
dmorgan64

I use a round level (maybe the size of a half dollar). I open the door to the fifth wheel and set the level on the floor just inside the door. Leveling is done with blocks under the wheels (for side to side) and front electric/crank jacks (for forward and back).
dmorgan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:13 AM   #45
+Ruff Rider
Gone Traveling

When I got my old school RV it came with those yellow blocks and It would be hit and miss as to how many of them I would need at any given camp site. Then I read about the Anderson's and I was set. I never even took the blocks out of the bag.
+Ruff Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:43 AM   #46
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRig View Post
Or you could use the 18 pack to level. Drink until you fall down and see which direction you roll, that will be the low side!
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:30 PM   #47
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Or you could use the 18 pack to level. Drink until you fall down and see which direction you roll, that will be the low side!
Unless you're from _____ (insert the state of your choice), then, since they always do things backwards and the hard way, they'd roll uphill.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:46 PM   #48
Salty25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldfire View Post
With my cell phone

https://logicbluetech.com/
I also have a level mate on my TT. I think it works great for rear to front level but I can't seem to get the side to side right all the time.

I have the Anderson levelers and slowly roll onto them until I get the side to side on the phone. But after everything is done it seems I am leaning slightly to the side when I extend the slide out.

USN (retired)
Retired Law Enforcement
Salty25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:53 PM   #49
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty25 View Post
I also have a level mate on my TT. I think it works great for rear to front level but I can't seem to get the side to side right all the time.

I have the Anderson levelers and slowly roll onto them until I get the side to side on the phone. But after everything is done it seems I am leaning slightly to the side when I extend the slide out.
Sounds like the issue is not the Level Mate Pro. It's very common for trailers with large slide outs on one side to "settle" when the slides are extended. Our unit does this so it's a matter of "compensating" for this when you initially level the camper. For our camper the amount is about 1".

I also use the Anderson levelers. I just stop when the drivers side (the side with the slides) is about 1" higher than the passenger side, that way once the slides are extended it's level. After you use it a few times you will "get the hang" of it and will come natural.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:30 PM   #50
Salty25

flybouy,
I always thought the same thing. I've been playing with it to get the amount to get a level. I don't want to go back and forth with setting it up and taking things down. So I have just been increasing the amount each time to get to level. I think the last trip we had I was at 1/2 inch. We didn't get to take the TT out last year due to family issues.

Thanks for the info in the reply.

USN (retired)
Retired Law Enforcement
Salty25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:06 PM   #51
Voyager

I have a small stick on level on the front and side of trailer then use Beech lane levellers to easily level up, great product, highly recommend!
2 Champion 2000's
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:09 AM   #52
+Ruff Rider
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty25 View Post

You can get a 4' level for cheap at Home Depot. The phone is not very accurate as it's only 4 maybe 6" high The side of your 5er is about 8' high. Remember a 1/16" out in 6" is equal to 1" at the top. Doesn't sound like much bit you can feel it in the 5er. With a 4' level you can get it right on. I have the wife hold it on the side and she tells me when to stop.
Front to back I use the level on the storage compartment door.
+Ruff Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:52 AM   #53
levic900rr

I used to use a 24" level and 2X4's but Santa brought me some Anderson leveling chocks and a Level mate pro this year. I'm really looking forward to getting things dialed in with the new system.
levic900rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #54
RVGator

I use a 2 foot level that i found in my garage when i bought my house. The DW’s job is to stick it in inside the door on the floor of the camper side to side first while I determine number of lego blocks, then front to back once that is complete.
That is of course, unless we are camping at Disney, Ft. Wilderness where apparently they sprinkle fairy dust as you come in and all their sites are magically level...That’s no BS there. Never had to level side to side. Magic.
20k Reese Goosebox
RVGator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling