Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #1
rcmike

installing A quick dis-connect on the gas line outside

has anyone installed a quick dis-connect on the gas line on the outside of your TH ? I'm thinking of installing one which on my model would be coming off the main line from tanks in front right where the line branches off for the furnace. Just curious ? The purpose would be to be able to have a grill hook up outside.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

If you have a manifold block, adding a quick disconnect is a very simple task.

Turn off the propane
Remove a plug from manifold block
Seal threads and install disconnect.

You may want to use a short brass pipe to bring it out closer to the edge of the trailer to make hooking up easier. I've lost count of how many I have installed.

Since it will be "regulated", make sure your grill is either RV specific or you adapt your grill.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:19 AM   #3
xcntrk

My Fuzion toy hauler came with an external LP quick connect and valve from the factory. I figured they all did, you must have an older model?

I converted my Coleman Roadtrip portable grill to LP by removing the regulator and using a custom quick release hose from PropaneGear.

xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:08 AM   #4
HomeyHD

RCMike, I'm trying to add it on my '16 Raptor and am not finding LPG manifold easily. Anyone know where to find one?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
HomeyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:46 PM   #5
rcmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcntrk View Post
My Fuzion toy hauler came with an external LP quick connect and valve from the factory. I figured they all did, you must have an older model?

I converted my Coleman Roadtrip portable grill to LP by removing the regulator and using a custom quick release hose from PropaneGear.
Keystone only put them on the fusion line for models 16 and 2017 when I was looking at them. I don't know why the raptor line was skipped. They have been on my 16 jayco and 16 Winnebago in the past . There not that hard to install. You just need to find the right parts. I was just curious if others had any custom installs of doing it on the raptors. I have a 2017 raptor to answer your question. Happy Trails !
Old 04-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #6
rcmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeyHD View Post
RCMike, I'm trying to add it on my '16 Raptor and am not finding LPG manifold easily. Anyone know where to find one?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
I have not really looked into the install in detail yet. My rv parts store does have some fittings and misc stuff from seeing on previous vists so between that and maybe the good ol internet stores I can get something to work. Stay tuned and we shall see.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:32 PM   #7
Gasman3062

Just my 2 cents when I installed a quick connect on all my previous rigs I always used a ball valve just in front of the quick connect just in case the seal in the Quick Connect bypassed a little I didn't want to drain my tanks.
Gasman3062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:37 AM   #8
Frank G

Just a quick Tip. When working on a propane system make sure you use a thread sealant (Pipe Dope) rated for propane service. At least do a soap test on the new work. You know, a little dish soap in water, coat the joints and look for bubbles.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:44 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Another "quick tip" don't be tempted to use air fittings (designed for a compressor). They are not rated for propane and can leak. If I recall, most (maybe all) propane rated "quick disconnect" fittings have a valve built into the terminal fitting on the trailer side. So, there are two types of "female terminal QD fittings, the one without a valve (used on the grill/stove end of the hose) and one with a valve (used as the terminal fitting on the "hard line". Be sure to use "black iron pipe" if you use rigid lines, galvanized pipe isn't approved for gas use.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:49 PM   #10
rcmike

Thanks for the info everybody.

Tags
gas