Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2017, 12:30 PM   #1
Jobsi

Impact 311

Hello everyone this is my first post

I am thinking about buying my first fifth toy hauler
2017 impact 311. I was originally looking at a carbon
But came across this impact for a much better price than the carbon and it seems to be more equipped than a entry level carbon

Is this a good trailer?
Are there any known issues that I should be aware of before making the deal ?

Any help would be appreciated
I am kind of learning on the fly as this is my first trailer
Thank you in advance
Jobsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:18 PM   #2
Cbrez

Congrats on your new rig; yeah - you're gonna buy it I can't comment on the quality, but I can tell you that we went from tent camping to a 39' 5er. Intimidating? Yes, at first. But if you know the mechanics of backing a trailer, you just have to get used to the characteristics of the longer rig. The tunnels in the tidewater VA area create quite a pucker factor the first time or two, but it is amazing how quickly you get used to it. I worry more about low clearance (my height is 13'-6") than I do my length.

Welcome to the forum

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #3
Jobsi

Thank you
Yes I am definitely a little intimidated by the size but definitely excited
I have towed cars , boats , jet skis etc
And know the basics
There is Only one way to learn just get that wheel time
Old 04-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Love my Impact 312. Not a 5vr but still 36 foot long. It is well built and very comfortable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #5
Rhinoone82

We have a 2015 Impact 311 and we love it. The layout of ours has the duel entry into the bedroom. The hallway along the street side, both slides have to be out to get into the bedroom. You can also get into the bedroom going through the bathroom. This allows you to not have to put the slides out to get in the bedroom.

I do recommend that if it doesn't have a 2nd AC unit already get that into the deal. It is needed on hot days. With out it the AC unit in the bedroom alone will struggle to ke the trailer cool.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #6
Jobsi

I did go for the second ac after reading that on here . I was concerned that It would get to hot for my dog if we where out for the day.
Other than the ac have you had any other issues?
Old 04-14-2017, 06:18 PM   #7
Rhinoone82

Glad to hear you went with the second AC. We had the 2nd put on as well. Our first trip that it was fairly warm we thought we could get by with just the bedroom AC. Bad idea. THe rest of the trailer was unberable. Run them both whenever you can.

The only issue we had was with the slide in the living room. The screws on one of the upper brackets pulled out of the wall. Not sure what happened but it was fixed under warranty and no issues since. My guess is that a screw somehow worked loose, causing the failure. I would suggest making that am area that you periodicaly check. I have since that day and everthing has been fine.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:40 PM   #8
tinman50

my wife and i bought a 2016 311 last feb. and we love it. very comfortable and easy to tow with our 2008 silverado diesel i have a short so hitch is a slider works fantastic. we do a lot of dry camping in the coeur'd alene nat. forest so it sees a lot of bad roads. never have had a problem. we have a rzr 800 and it fits in the garage. look for one that has the more ride porch option on the ramp door. we love our we sit out on the porch in the morning and have breakfast. we have dry camper for over six days and not run out of pro[pane or fresh water.
tinman50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #9
tinman50

I was intimidated also since I was used to pulling a 20foot toy hauler but once i figured out how it turned when backing up I find actually easer to tow. I have a very narrow area to back it into for storing at my house but i can get it backed in almost as fast as i did the smaller one. one tip always make wide turns. I learned that the hard way when i took out a street sign on the roundabout leading to our house. we just love the 311 and we do a lot of dry camping in the national forests of north Idaho. so we tow it on a lot of not so good forest service roads and have no problem. if you have a short bed pickup be sure to get a sliding fifth wheel hitch they work great.
tinman50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #10
Jobsi

I am very excited I take delivery a week from sat .
Just had my truck in the shop and they installed the b&w slider and firestone airbags and with camper package already on the the truck I should be good to go . Now all I can do is wait
We Have our first trip planned in the beginning of June nice 3hr trip into Pennsylvania
I hope to take it out a few times before that to some empty parking lots and get a feel for it