Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
gmandi

Just Back From Maiden Voyage with Cougar 26BHS

hi all. just got back from a weekend at the beach with our new Keystone Cougar 26BHSWE. Had a great time and the trailer was perfect. not one problem going or camping. 45 Watt solar panels from Harbor freight kept the batteries charged and never had to switch over to 2nd propane tank while keeping frig, hot water heater and burners going. only issue i ran into was when i went to dump yhe tanks. as soon as i took the cap off the grey water rushed out. the handle was pushed in so dont know whats going on. Any had a similar problem? other than that, the trip was great and both TT and TV worked as they chould have.
gmandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 AM   #2
rjsurfer

Maybe the valve wasn't closed all the way or could be some slight leakage getting past the valve.

A great investment is to add another valve at the main drain, they just twist on so if a valve is leaking or broken you still have control of the flow. Also, with that extra valve you can open the drains to specific tanks and balance the volume between them if needed to give you a few extra days before dumping.

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
gmandi

thanks. dont think thats the issue. the handle when pushed in hits the frame. im wondering if its just not closing the valve. also...another question...on my panel that checks levels i have a "black", "grey" and "gallery". what is the difference between the grey and the gallery?
gmandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:58 AM   #4
rjsurfer

Galley is grey tank that holds the kitchen sink waste, grey is usually the shower and bathroom sink.

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
Paddler

When you asked the question about Gray vs Galley, that could mean you have another dump valve located somewhere else and that one is open!! I had just the opposite issue, my galley was filling up and I couldn't dump it until my better half found the second gray water (galley) dump valve. Hope this helps