Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
WaltBennett

Gray Tank Dump Valve - Location?

I can't find it anywhere. The grey tank #1 is empty and #2 is 2/3 full. I can see the entire run of black PVC from where it exits the belly cover for the galley to the main sewer line and there's no valve. There's no handle anywhere else I can see either, including under the sink or behind the inside access panel to the back of the water heater & vac. Help please!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
WaltBennett

Finally found it

It's located coming through the frame in front of the driver's side front tire. None of the documentation on the unit say anything at all about this location.
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
rode2nowhere

congrats, I had no clue to help.
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:13 AM   #4
burlman

Does the same thing apply to a 2015 Raptor 322TS? The manual doesn't mention anything about a 2nd gray water tank, much less a 2nd gray water dump valve. Our kitchen sink overflowed on a 3 day trip, and I had dumped the gray water using the single visible dump valve before leaving. Now I am thinking that we have been slowly filling up a 2nd galley tank (which I did't know existed). Thanks for your help.
burlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:42 AM   #5
Pmedic4

Yep, probably a second GW tank valve

Just like you, BURLMAN, we had the same thing when our RV was new. The first GW and BW tank valves were very obvious, but 2nd GW valve was the best I can describe it, hidden. The same black 'T' handle for the 2nd tank was mounted right on the black frame, and being black, mounted on the black frame member, it was just slightly forward of the tire on the drivers side of the RV. It's right where the wheel cover is, so look closely along the bottom of the frame. Good hunting.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:17 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

On most Keystone products, once you find it, you'll slap your forehead and wonder why you didn't see it sooner. That said, on almost all Keystones, on the FILON where it meets the aluminum lower skirting, just above the molding strip you'll find a "very inconspicuous" decal that's about 3/4" tall and 3" long that will say, "GRAY WATER DUMP VALVE"... It will be "in line with and above" the valve handle location. That decal is one that far too many owners will "look at but not see".... Find your valve, then you'll always notice the decal.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:20 PM   #7
burlman

Found It

On my 5th or 6th search I finally found the second dump valve. It is ergonomically in about the worst place Keystone could figure out to place it. It is directly behind the rear tire on the driver's side. You have to reach your hand up under the cowling and then over the tire, and without breaking your wrist, grab the handle and pull. Any blowout on that rear tire will probably destroy the handle. What a crappy design.
burlman is offline   Reply With Quote