Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
CUFFS054

Washer Dryer connection

I would like to install a stacked W/D on my permanent deck but use the easily accessable Hot/Cold water lines under the vanity for supply. The outdoor shower is already 'teed' into the vanity supply lines and there is plenty of extra space and pipe. The problem is I've never worked with the kind of pipe that's used in my 2010 Keystone Springdale. It's off-white flexable plastic. The connection, valves are all plastic and seem to have 'screw down' nuts to secure the pipe to the valve. Can anybody tell me what the correct term for this type of piping is? Any and all thoughts, suggestions and warnings will be greatfully accepted!
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
Htfiremedic

I believe it is pex. Sharkbite T's and pex will work. Lowes and Home Depot stock them
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
DocData757

This sounds a lot like one of Jeff Foxworthy's 'You might be a redneck.' jokes! LOL!
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
CUFFS054

Doc, it's funny you should say that. My SO often mentions how big my neighbors Pecs are getting and how good his Tees look. Who knew the discussion was about plumbing?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
DocData757

Too funny!!!!
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
3P'sInACougar

Also you could tie into your low point drains for hot an cold. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3P'sInACougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 AM   #7
CUFFS054

3P someone else suggested that. Do you think there would be any benefit to doing it that way?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #8
3P'sInACougar

Well benefits. Would depend on if your sink outside is closer to ur washing machine than the low point. Either way in winter all the lines need to be drained. The pipe used is pex. An there is different types. Ur local rv dealer will have the fittings for u. I have not tried the shark bites yet. But will in spring since I want ball valves on my low point lines for draining an so I can put an outside sink on my back bumper in the recover hitch. So good luck. Glad to try an help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3P'sInACougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
Jabber2Jake

Who has a washer & dryer?

I'm meaning no disrespect...but who needs a washer and dryer? We go camping at the most for 2 weeks. We have a stick house. I guess if you are a full timer, you need this? But, if you are a full timer, don't you stay at a place that has laundry facilities? I'm just curious. No disrespect.
Jabber2Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #10
CUFFS054

Jabber, no problems. We keep the TT pretty much in one place and use it as a second home. I had a "park model" (fancy single-wide) before with w/d. We found it much easier to leave a "set" of clothes/linen there and wash. So, I'd thought I'd do the same with the TT. The deck and gazebo are perm and the TT justs slides in so the w/d will stay with the site. MUCH more importantly, when SO has a specfic outfit for every meal/climate change/eclispe/holiday/crisis/party/dog walk/neighbor visit etc it is WAY easier not to drag it back and forth. I'm just sayin'...