Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2020, 02:39 PM   #1
Finjergusson

Outdoor kitchen ice maker

Hello everyone
We recently purchased a 2020 premier 26rbpr. Love the trailer. A small thing I don’t like is an ice make does not fit on the counter of the outdoor kitchen. Does anyone have a hack or an ice maker that does fit?
Finjergusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 03:46 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I am not familiar with that trailer or the ice maker you use but we just removed one of the chairs from the dinette and placed the icemaker where it was.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:40 AM   #3
Finjergusson

I want to install an ice maker in the location shown in the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	premier-26rb-ok.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	30317  
Old 10-13-2020, 05:33 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finjergusson View Post
I want to install an ice maker in the location shown in the pic
Looks to me like you want to put 10 lbs of "stuff" in a 5 lb bag. Most portable ice makers are accessed from the top. If you could find one that made ice in the bottom you still have to get to it to fill it with water. Reaching over or behind a hot stove with popping grease is not a good idea.

We use a Thule 5553A SMART RV Countertop which unfortunately has been discontinued. Mounted it where the outdoor coax plug and outlet is. I guess they didn't sell enough of them but if you can find one they are great IMHO. Ours is 9 years old and looks brand new.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 05:42 AM   #5
Finjergusson

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Looks to me like you want to put 10 lbs of "stuff" in a 5 lb bag. Most portable ice makers are accessed from the top. If you could find one that made ice in the bottom you still have to get to it to fill it with water. Reaching over or behind a hot stove with popping grease is not a good idea.

We use a Thule 5553A SMART RV Countertop which unfortunately has been discontinued. Mounted it where the outdoor coax plug and outlet is. I guess they didn't sell enough of them but if you can find one they are great IMHO. Ours is 9 years old and looks brand new.
This is the brochure pic. we will never use the burner but the fridge for drinks is used often. we would also like the ice maker handy and would rather not have to setup tables etc. at each stop. To even be able to store the ice maker on the counter would be nice. I am trying to save compartment and cupboard space.

I do like the looks of that shelf!!
Old 10-13-2020, 05:52 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finjergusson View Post
This is the brochure pic. we will never use the burner but the fridge for drinks is used often. we would also like the ice maker handy and would rather not have to setup tables etc. at each stop. To even be able to store the ice maker on the counter would be nice. I am trying to save compartment and cupboard space.

I do like the looks of that shelf!!
If you don't use the stove top then place the icemaker on it. You could easily build a stand for it, similar to a monitor riser for a computer. Store in that space, I don't know of any ice maker that short but as it's in the roughest riding area I wouldn't want it bouncing around back there if you could find one to fit.

As for the Thule shelf I think the price killed all their RV accessories. Their stuff is pricey but IMO are worth it for the quality. I absolutely love the shelf and it will be greatly missed when it dies. The Thule mounts are very small and have a cap that covers them. Takes literally a few seconds to set or remove the shelf and is very sturdy.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote