Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2017, 06:32 PM   #1
Cajunhog

2012 Fuzion Travel Trailer Toy Hauler A/C

I have a question about the A/C in my Toy Hauler.

The A/C unit blows & cools very well if I open the quick cool vents on the main unit. If I close the quick cool vents on the main unit I barely get any air flow out of the ducted central a/c vents on the ceiling throughout the unit.

Last night the unit cooled down utilizing the quick cool vent & them maintained the 71 degree F temp with the quick cool vents closed. Should I feel a more steady / constant stream of cold air coming out of the central a/c vents with the quick cool vents on the main unit closed instead of the extremely mild , almost non-existent cold air coming out of the central a/c vents I am currently experiencing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cajunhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:53 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

This comes up a lot. Several reasons why the vents may not be working as well.

Pull the terminal vents and make sure that they do not continue beyond that point. Some have taped with aluminum AC vent tape to block. A cut pool noodle has even been used. Regardless, the extra long run cuts down on efficiency and cools the ceiling or front and cools the end caps needlessly.

Make sure the vent caps are not too long. If they push up into the duct too far they will restrict flow out of the vent and flow beyond that point also.

Do a search on the forum and you'll find lots more information. Here's one link to get you started. http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=28722

Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! I hope you find your answers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:21 AM   #3
canesfan

As mentioned, there are a LOT of threads about this here. I posted pictures a while back of what I found in mine. Pull your AC grill and look at where the ducts meet the housing, mine I found a big gap where the main duct attached, letting cold air blow into the ceiling instead of the duct. I had virtually no airflow out of the duct in the bedroom and minimal in the bathroom before I fixed it. Also check the vertical divider in there. Lots have found it out of place. Mine was in place but I added some tape around the corners and edges where I could feel air flow. I also blocked off the duct after the bedroom vent with a small piece of foam I had laying around. Also blocked off the garage duct after the last vent. Much better air flow after all this and earlier this year when it tried to be Summer in March I got to try it out and it worked much better.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:38 AM   #4
Cajunhog

2012 Fuzion Travel Trailer Toy Hauler A/C

Thanks for the tips & the welcome ! I will get to checking what was suggested & correcting as I find opportunity. Thanks again!

Old 05-29-2017, 06:55 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Remember, when you start sealing the vents and isolating the warm air/cold air chambers in the overhead unit, DON'T USE DUCK TAPE or a fabric type duct tape. Use aluminum duct tape specifically designed for the job. Anything else won't last, will be "near impossible" to clean up and replace and won't give you a "good end result". The correct tape is available at Lowe's, HD and most hardware stores. It costs a bit more, but in the long run is much cheaper than replacing it in a few months (if it lasts that long).....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:58 AM   #6
Cajunhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Remember, when you start sealing the vents and isolating the warm air/cold air chambers in the overhead unit, DON'T USE DUCK TAPE or a fabric type duct tape. Use aluminum duct tape specifically designed for the job. Anything else won't last, will be "near impossible" to clean up and replace and won't give you a "good end result". The correct tape is available at Lowe's, HD and most hardware stores. It costs a bit more, but in the long run is much cheaper than replacing it in a few months (if it lasts that long).....

[emoji106]

Tags
fuzion, toy hauler, travel trailer