Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #21
BOWWOW

I recently upgraded to a Progressive Dynamics Intellipower 9200 series PD9270 with integrated charge wizard. I do all dry camping. My batteries were losing the charge and then a day later would not take a charge at all. I had to run a battery charger off of my Yamaha 1000 generator for 3 days until I could go purchase and install the new converter / charger out in the woods.
So far it has performed great. The install was pretty easy using only the tools I carry in the truck. Mine is located in the front storage so access was easy. It was just a bit larger and I did have to modify one piece of carpeted plywood , still it was easy.

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
AKA CONFUZION / PORH HONKY.
BOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #22
SkiSmuggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
Did you happen to take any pictures of this upgrade in progress? I've had the cover off and I think I've even pulled the front panel out but I have no idea what I'm looking for. Do you have to re-wire the whole thing when you swap these out?

Also, do you mind telling me where you ordered and how much?
No pictures, sorry. It is pretty straight forward and I got it from Bestconverter.com. Be sure you get the WFCO 8955 direct board replacement as someone else got the full PM unit and had to relocate because of the size. The only confusion is that the 120v and 12v wires are on opposite ends of the board. Read my original post and just replace one wire at a time. Only the two screws at the front bottom hold the unit in place. Pull the WFCO out with wires still connected, test the new unit fit as I had to straighten a bent "tab A" for it to slide in, then swap one wire at a time.
Poppy, your answers are on the first page of this thread. I just checked and this post is mostly superfluous.