Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
lifecamper

Ready to hook up the Inverter

I have placed my inverter just inside the basement door so the plug-ins are accessible. I also have the ability to hard wire the unit. I have approximately a 32" run from the inverter to the batteries. Both + and - I have 1" holes through the bulkhead into the battery box. I have 4 Trojan T-105 6V in series/parallel for 12 V. Each battery has 225amp hr rating. I have read charts until I am blue and confused. It looks like for my 2000W inverter and a 32" cable I should use 4/o cable but it also looks like 2/0. Any help would be appreciated. When inverter is up and running I intend on plugging it into trailer input power and there by making all of the 120v plugs usable. Will switch fridge to gas and all lights are LED. Will run TV and Dish receiver along with laptop charger and phone charger. Could also use some input on running 1000W microwave and or Kuerig????
lifecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
Chinomax

Use the biggest cables you can afford. I think mine are 2-0. If going whole rig, all outlets live make sure your converter breaker is off or use a transfer switch to cut power to it. I used a T/S to insure that I could never have shore power/generator feeding the rig with the inverter on. You will let the smoke out in that case! Good luck. Chino
Chinomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:01 AM   #3
rjsurfer

What your planning on doing is run the AC output of the inverter back into the main power connector in the back of the camper to activate all the interior AC outlets?

I never thought of doing that. But as Chinomax stated the onboard converter has to be off to keep from feeding back into the batteries which of course would create a big loop and deplete the batteries in no time.

Ron W
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote