Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2014, 02:38 AM   #1
crash

Elizabethtown/Hershey Koa

We just stay there for 4 days .I would recommend that you stay away from this one .The staff is really rood,its not milatary friendly,the grass was over grown ,they put us in it looked like a gravel parking lot ,the site next to us sewer over flowed on to our site and all they did was put lime down couldnt even let dogs sit outside asked to move or refund but they didnt, on top of that the campground was infested with flies we had fly strips up just trying to help NOT. Just trying to save some of you some money.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:24 AM   #2
XLite28SGS

We stayed there last year (4th of July-4 nights). Worst KOA we have ever stayed in. My PMS shut power off (low voltage) on a regular basis and I was running refrig. & water heater on gas. Power went off completely one afternoon & stayed off for several hours. Staff & owner were rood and unhelpfull. We put a patio matt down on the gravel/dirt outside our door that extened onto the grass area about 8" (no grass just dirt). Owner came by and said get matt off grass (?). We tryed to explain but were told "My campground - My rules - move the matt or leave. I can go on and on but had enough.

Allan
2013 Chevrolet 2500HD EC DMax/Ally, 3.73 gear 4x4
XLite28SGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:50 AM   #3
crash

We have already reported them to the Koa headquaters since this is a privetley owned campground and they said they will be looking into it further.This place doesnt live up to the Koa standards and needs to be pulled from the Koa name.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
Old 06-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #4
dandjh1958

I agree with reporting bad experiences when traveling. When I worked, I traveled about 35-42 weeks a year and stayed in mainly the Intercontinental chain (Crown Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn express, Candlewood suites etc).
If the hotel didn't stay up to the standards I knew to be expected, I always reported to headquarters. Sooner or later, the individual hotel usually lost their branding or shaped up quickly. Headquarter expects high quality from all their sites but can't get around to all of them to check them out. They love to hear from travelers.
I know campground chains are very similar. Heck, even the state campground like to know how they are doing (at least in Oregon.....). We let them know both the good and the bad. Helps fine tune the operation.
I hope reporting this sub-standard campground helps them clean up their act!!

Happy camping!!
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #5
GaryWT

Never been and never wil, thanks for the heads up and sorry you did not have a good time. Stayed once at the Hershey park campground and enjoyed the bus service.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
koko

Glad you reported them. We love KOA; and whenever we have a bad experience with one, we always let the head office know about it. We feel we're doing the company a great favor - they want a good reputation!

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:14 AM   #7
crash

We are already planning a return trip back to that area but it wont be at elizabethtown /koa we will get closer to lancaster we love the Bird in Hand area with all the shops,farmers markets and brewerys We had a great time and still didnt do everything there.