Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Paul Fuller

Low Water Pressure

Hello Everyone,
I have a 2014 Cougar High Country 315RES. We recently relocated from Santa Cruz, California to Orlando, Florida. While we were in Santa Cruz we had really good water pressure. Upon getting set up in the RV Resort here in Orlando our water pressure has reduced drastically. The resort water pressure is stellar so my first line of thought was a kink in a line....none found. Next I tried just running the pump without the city water on....no difference at all. For the heck of it I took the city inlet out and took the check valve out.....no difference. I have removed all aerators and yet again no difference. I was thinking there may be something like sediment clogging a main line somewhere so I ran my air hose from my compressor to the kitchen faucet and with the check valve out I gave it some burst of compressor air at the kitchen faucet. The back flush was pressurized water coming out of the inlet. I reconnected the city water, turned in on and no improvement. There is no evidence of leakage any where in the coach or underneath the coach. I am very mechanically trained as well as doing my fair share of plumbing in my life but this has me absolutely stumped. I have read almost every post pertaining to low water pressure but no luck with any of the suggestions. If there was a leak I am thinking in a months time it would have shown up. Any thoughts here would be greatly appreciated.

2014 Cougar High Country 315RES
2013 Ford F150 EcoBoost

Santa Cruz, California
Paul Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
outwest

Since you've checked all of your screens (incl. where city water hooks up?), the only ideas I can come up with are either:

your pressure regulator is going bad (but since pump pressure is same...)

a leak somewhere or low point drain leaking

or, your valve to select whether city water inlet goes to lines or fills your freshwater might not be fully closed (or has some debris keeping it from fully closing).

Hopefully someone else has some ideas.

edit to add - when not using city water, does the pump run continuously with no faucets open, or come on from time to time?

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
hankaye

Paul Fuller, Howdy;

I had a problem with low pressure and flow rate until I remembered
about pressure differential... I posted about that here (bottom of 1st page).
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...659#post101659
The Park here has their well pressure set at 65 psi. works very well

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote