Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2019, 07:49 PM   #1
aray

Heat strip in AC roof question

Hi, I have a second pre-sale question about my proposed unit: the Passport 199ML. The salesman was walking me through the unit last week and was showing me the AC in the roof. I noticed it had settings for heating as well as for cooling. He explained to me that I had two options: propane heating (which also serves to heat the undercarriage in the winter to keep the lines from freezing (assuming it gets down that cold)) or a heat strip in the roof AC unit (the advantage there is reduced propane usage and instead I draw from the RV park's 30 amp utility feed).

The odd thing was he wasn't sure this was an included option. He said he'd research it for me and get back to me. He did and I did in parallel. My research on the keystonerv.com website shows only an option for upgrading the AC unit from 13.5K to 15K BTU cooling; nothing there shows an upgrade for a heat strip. However his research contradicted mine; he says a heat strip is an optional upgrade to the AC unit and would be an additional $79 charge (if I recall the price correctly).

So I'm confused: why the contradictory information? Can someone who owns a Passport please confirm or deny whether or not the OM AC unit comes with an electric heater strip by default?

Thanks.

Ray
aray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, roof