Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
mrzip

Table Wobble

Hello All- New member here and wondering if anyone has come up with a MOD to cure the wobble in a two post type dinette table. I thought about adding a third pole to form a triangle. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Tom
mrzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Tom, I just have another beer and then I don't notice it that much. But the DW wants me to make the table free standing so she can pull it out to use for her quilting. When I moved the table the first time (took out the booth) I found that moving the base mounts a little closer together so the poles were at a slight angle took some of the wobble out. I think the third post would stop it but make it very uncomfortable, if not painful, to sit there. Sorry I was not of much help, Hank ............. Be careful with the length of screws you put in slide floor it's only ½" thick.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
gbsb

I drilled a hole under the table on wall slide, then pit one screw into wall no more wobble. We never take our table down or move it. George
Living the dream fulltiming across America
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
hankaye

Howdy All;

First of all; Welcome to the forum mrzip. Hope you find it useful and you enjoy your time with us...

I was of the impression that the 'wobble' was there so that we could wiggle the legs out of the sockets and remove it. for when we ned to do whatever it is we might need it removed for.

Nothing to substantate the thought ... it just sorta fell into the 'add to post' slot.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #5
CincyGus

Might try a "L" Braket on the end next to the wall and then a "C" braket that the "L" can slip through. This is how my dinette is setup.

End closest to the wall mounts on the wall and the end closest to the middle of the camper has a folding set of legs on it.

Or take the poles and mounts off and just put folding legs on both sides.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #6
mrzip

This is a freestanding table no walls to attach it. It is a "U" type configuration.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
f6bits

Free standing, like an H type frame that also makes an H on the floor? I got rid of a lot of my wobble by moving the spring to a different location. I’d have to take a picture. But if yours is the one with the spring loaded frame where it does a fancy zig-zag when it lowers, let me know and I’ll take a picture. I *really* stretched spring so it wouldn’t do the longways wobble. The short ways wobble was reduced by adjusting the leveling feet.

If yours is the one that’s mounted on two poles that go into floor and table sockets, then never mind.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
mrzip

Scott- Yes it's mounted on two poles that go into floor and table sockets.

I don't have a PIX as the trailer is at the Dealer now waiting to be picked up in two weeks.

Thanks Tom
Old 02-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
golfpro

could you drill a small hole in each pole bracket and put in a set screw to put some pressure on the bracket and the pole to stop the movement?
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote